• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

5 days to go! 3rd time lucky!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m going to pub next to Big Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Just a reminder of how we got here...

Boris Johnson did not think the nation would vote leave in the EU referendum: he was just posturing with the ERG just to unsettle David Cameron's position as leader of the Tory party. He, Michael Gove and the rest of the Vote Leave mob were visibly staggered when the result was announced. They had no Brexit plan. They just continued to pander to the English nationalist group that is the ERG, and we have arrived where we are in a complete Heath Robinson state. God help us.
      There is still more fun to come. Bojo has his majority, he's going to have to deliver the brexit that the people voted for. Problem is, the 17m have 10m versions of brexit that they want so whatever he delivers he will fail to please 'the people'. He was in his element when he could blame others for lack of brexit delivery .. there's no one left to blame now but himself

Question is, will he bend over for the US, the EU or India. He's not going to be able to please them all and keep 'the people' happy
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

UK is moving over sovereignty from Brussels to Peking:

U.S. SENATOR TOM COTTON, ARKANSAS REPUBLICAN.
        “This decision is deeply disappointing for American supporters of the Special Relationship. I fear London has freed itself from Brussels only to cede sovereignty to Beijing. Allowing Huawei to the build the UK’s 5G networks today is like allowing the KGB to build its telephone network during the Cold War.
        Reaction to UK allowing Huawei a role in 5G network - Reuters
        Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Even the 5G will be infected with the virus.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Have you got your tea towel yet?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Here's the anthem for Friday

YouTube

(based on the facts that I have an insolvency licence and an Irish grandfather)

yours cynically …...

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                WTF is this 'we' and 'us' stuff.
                you are an expat twat wittering on about how wonderful life is in your adopted fatherland.
                why don't you just ***** off and slap your fecking lederhosen with your thick bavarian chums?
                did i say that?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Have you got your tea towel yet?
                  Yes

Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Working...
                  X