• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's next to leave? Denmark? Holland? Italy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    The Greeks hate the EU for bankrupting them in perpetuity
    The Greeks had a referendum on the EU's bailout package, and voted for it with a huge majority.

They know full well who's to blame for their bankruptcy, what their options are, and what was the best way of getting out of the mess.

Unfortunately for the Brexiteers they don't read British tabloid newspapers.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      The Greeks had a referendum on the EU's bailout package, and voted for it with a huge majority.

They know full well who's to blame for their bankruptcy, what their options are, and what was the best way of getting out of the mess.

Unfortunately for the Brexiteers they don't read British tabloid newspapers.

Just to refresh your memory:
      Greek debt crisis: What was the point of the referendum? - BBC News

To summarise, the vote was 61% against. Of course the government ignored the result, hence they aren't the government any more.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        Just to refresh your memory:
        Greek debt crisis: What was the point of the referendum? - BBC News

To summarise, the vote was 61% against. Of course the government ignored the result, hence they aren't the government any more.
        We don't need facts at this stage, man! What the hell do you think you're doing?

Anyway, soon be Friday
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          We don't need facts at this stage, man! What the hell do you think you're doing?

Anyway, soon be Friday
          I know, I feel slightly unclean quoting facts to a remainer. To be honest, I felt sorry for the clearly-deluded idiot, but he's had a lot to come to terms with over the last few weeks. That second referendum was almost within touching distance...and then it wasn't, and now we're leaving in 75 hours and about 15 mins. I didn't want it to look like I was rubbing it in. We should be better than that.

Oh, f**k it.

Last edited by Mordac; 28 January 2020, 19:48. Reason: I was one banana short - insert your own punchline here...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I always find it fascinating why Brexiteers think non-Brexiteers give a sh*t about Brexit.

I'm in favour of Brexit, it gives me much entertainment and boosts my portfolio. I'm not the whining in "State of the Market"

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Please continue with "the rubbing it in" and the jeering.

Somehow it makes the ensuing disaster more entertaining as it slowly unfolds.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                There are rumours that the breakup of the Eurozone is imminent.
                Been listening to the chat down at 'spoons?
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'd put money on the UK breaking up before the EU.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    I'd put money on the UK breaking up before the EU.
                    yeh, well we know all about Your financial advice.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      yeh, well we know all about Your financial advice.
                      What like buy Bitcoin at $700 in 2017 ???

History not your strong point I gather, which makes a lot of sense given the average Brexiter thesis. History repeating coming to a UK town near you
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X