• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU citizens only thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU citizens only thread

Hey brothers & sisters! How awesome is it knowing you can travel, work, and live in a progressive united European union free of oppression, established workers rights, with food standards second to none?

There was a total head slap moment from a family member (in-law), a leave voter, last week who lives down south. I said something like that it was nice to know I'll remain a EU citizen after all is said and done. 'And why won't I? It's on the UK that's leaving' came back the reply.

Honestly I could have smashed me heed off that wall.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Hey brothers & sisters! How awesome is it knowing you can travel, work, and live in a progressive united European union free of oppression, established workers rights, with food standards second to none?

There was a total head slap moment from a family member (in-law), a leave voter, last week who lives down south. I said something like that it was nice to know I'll remain a EU citizen after all is said and done. 'And why won't I? It's on the UK that's leaving' came back the reply.

Honestly I could have smashed me heed off that wall.
    You'd probably miss.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I'm so glad I turned down British Citizenship, so I could keep my EU citizenship
      Have now got settled status in the UK so can work and live in 28 countries in stead of 2

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        I'm so glad I turned down British Citizenship, so I could keep my EU citizenship
        Have now got settled status in the UK so can work and live in 28 countries in stead of 2
        You turned down British Citizenship? Who offered it to you? Del Boy down at the market for £50?
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Why would you apply for it in the first place then? Seems like a lot of faff just so you can say no. What's your nationality?
          If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Not half as glad as WE are.

No need to hang around here on OUR account. We still have more than enough of our own muttonheads....although thankfully most of them have now moved abroad or gone into permasulks like OG and assguru.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Enlighten us - how many countries have you actually worked in.

And how many do you plan on working in in the next 3 years?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Enlighten us - how many countries have you actually worked in.

And how many do you plan on working in in the next 3 years?
                8 countries worked in
                No exact plan but I'm applying for contracts all over the EU, which you won't be able to do anymore after Dec 31st

Comment

I'm applying for contracts all over the EU
                  Best of luck with that. You'll get better rates in Western Europe as the bottom has fallen out of the scarecrow market further east!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Dual Nationality UK and Ireland and non-Resident Spanish.

I am good after 11 tonight
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X