• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

International influence

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Ahh you mean the omnishambles caused by a number of politicians desperately trying to over turn the democratic will of the people?

Yes that was an absolute disgrace but really just solidified the view of many people that most of the politicians are self serving ******* who could not give a damn about the people in their constituencies except for that annoying time when they have to go and see them to get them to vote.

Or do we look at the the EU council chief trying to influence the UK elections Donald Tusk's message to UK voters: don't give up on stopping Brexit | Politics | The Guardian

Do you think being part of the EU would make a difference in those interactions with America and China?

Because I did not see any evidence of that in the past.

But yeah lets all become Eurosheep.

Baaaa
    UK had a lot of influence within the EU and in turn the EU have a lot of "clout" worldwide.

Post Brexit we are on our own. The first trial will be trying to negotiate trade deal with our 2 biggest trading partners - EU and US from a position of relative economic and political weakness. Let's see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
      UK had a lot of influence within the EU and in turn the EU have a lot of "clout" worldwide.

Post Brexit we are on our own. The first trial will be trying to negotiate trade deal with our 2 biggest trading partners - EU and US from a position of relative economic and political weakness. Let's see how it goes.
      BUT, BUT, BUT, WE HOLD ALL THE CARDS

Can someone pass the popcorn? Thanks
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        It’s like leaving the FBI elite unit in order to become county sheriff in Alabama.
        or its like leaving your arse at the front door but then slapping it on the way back in.
        Wtf are you on?

Comment

Working...
        X