• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Golden age of Britain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On of the major reasons for Scotland to stay in the union was that if they left, they would no longer be in the EU. That reason has now evaporated.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      On of the major reasons for Scotland to stay in the union was that if they left, they would no longer be in the EU. That reason has now evaporated.
      The Brexit debate has also delivered powerful arguments for the Scottish Nationalists to win the debate on independence.

It's not about the economy it's about sovereignty and taking back control.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

I see that Remain voting enclave, Gibraltar, is rearing it's head again: Brexit trade talks: EU to back Spain over Gibraltar claims | Politics | The Guardian
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          I see that Remain voting enclave, Gibraltar, is rearing it's head again: Brexit trade talks: EU to back Spain over Gibraltar claims | Politics | The Guardian
          F**k them. They lost, tell them to get over it or f**k to the EU with all the other foreign scum.

Regards,

Ziggy & Shaunbhoy
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Give it a couple of weeks and Argentina will be staking a claim to the Falklands again. If the Lisbon Treaty no longer applies then the EU Duty of Sincere Cooperation, which includes a legal obligation for member states to assist each other in matters including claims over sovereignty disappears.

Going to be a lot harder to maintain claims of sovereignty without EU support. In fact you can probably expect several EU states to support Argentina.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

A boost for the Scottish independence campaign:

EU supports Scottish independence
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

If Scotland gets independence, the UK's fishing zone will in effect disappear overnight.

The EU supporting Scotland's re-entry is a no brainer.

It would be amusing if Boris sacrifices the finance industry in favour of fishing and then Scotland becomes independent.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

That's just car manufacturing. Hold on to your hats.
                  uk 2.0 doesn't need cars. uk 2.0 needs tractors and trailers to bring 50 million fruit pickers to the field and back.

Comment

Working...
                  X