• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1973 Nightmare (my experience of a Brexit)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    So your provider doesn't trust you to pay a monthly bill.
    Mobile phone contracts are for poor people who can't afford a mobile and are yet happy to have their spending habits on said contract recorded in their credit history.

No thanks.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Mobile phone contracts are for poor people who can't afford a mobile and are yet happy to have their spending habits on said contract recorded in their credit history.

No thanks.
      aye, - right!

Comment

You don't need a contract. That is so 1999. Get with the now.

Why or why do you need to have a credit check to make a phone call? I know of very few Germans that accept this intrusion into their personal lives.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Why or why do you need to have a credit check to make a phone call? I know of very few Germans that accept this intrusion into their personal lives.
          Mmmm, every German (and other nationality here) I know has a contract apart from kiddies and the unemployed I'm afraid
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Interesting, most of the folks I know of here in München don't bother with a contract. They see a new phone, they buy it outright. Most of their calls are through app services like Whatsapp rather than a phone number.

Phone number will not exist in 10-15 years. UK seem to be going full JRM on the technology front.

Comment

Interesting, most of the folks I know of here in München don't bother with a contract. They see a new phone, they buy it outright. Most of their calls are through app services like Whatsapp rather than a phone number.

Phone number will not exist in 10-15 years. UK seem to be going full JRM on the technology front.
              I get a free new one every 2 years but then again, people in Munich ...
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                If you're paying for a contract it's not free.

Yes.. people in Munich. Cold rent for 80sq you'd be fortunate to find something under €3500 these days.

Comment

Arse

Mmmm, every German (and other nationality here) I know has a contract apart from kiddies and the unemployed I'm afraid
                  Scooter has his arse handed to him on a plate.

Starts backpedalling and trying to change the subject.

Clarity offered...

If you're paying for a contract it's not free.

Yes.. people in Munich. Cold rent for 80sq you'd be fortunate to find something under €3500 these days.
                  Changes the subject again...

Scoots, you're an abject failure.

Just saying...
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Explains why they can only afford pay as you go...

Sent from my Boris

Comment

Originally posted by canoas View Post
                      Different place indeed, the global economy has changed dramatically on how business works. However if you look at the basics of how economies work, I have no doubt prices will go up for food and also medicine etc, also I think car plants will start closing unless this is a specific guarantees for each car maker, otherwise it makes no sense to stay in UK and transfer operations to EU free market. I predict there will be a ton of job losses unless there is a good EU deal.

Also what worries me is UK is Services that makes up the UK economy so that is troublesome. Financial Services makes up 23% of GDP if there is a failure here that is serious.

I'm staying positive though but the whole point of this is that it will no make us richer but poorer IMO, it's all about economy. I think in 20 years it could be back to normal but that's a big price to pay to the younger generation.
                      Keep staying positive, so far it's been a blast.

Comment

Working...
                      X