• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU would be enthusiastic if Scotland applied to rejoin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    You'd need independence first, see where I'm going on this? Yep, that's right, you need permission. Wee Kranky hasn't got the balls physically or metaphorically to go against Boris Johnson.

You should also remember this, not all Scots want to leave the UK.
    If we need permission then it’s a hostage situation. Did Westminster ask permission from the EU to hold the referendum?

The UN articles say that people have a right to self-determination with no interference. Westminster won’t be allowed to interfere with the process which won’t require a section 30 order. Now that the UK has left the EU and are treated as a 3rd country, watch the international community get behind Scotland becoming independent. It’s already happening.

Self-determination - Wikipedia

It states that people, based on respect for the principle of equal rights and fair equality of opportunity, have the right to freely choose their sovereignty and international political status with no interference.

Polling last year showed that if Scotland was dragged out of the EU against our will, the Yes vote would be around 65%

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Would Scotland still be as rich without the Barnet formula giving them cash that's disproportionate to their tax take? Or did that get scrapped and Westminster just gives them cash on top of their tax revenue as it isn't quite enough to meet all the public spending that doesn't seem to extend to fixing pot holes.
      We could export fat girls ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Would Scotland still be as rich without the Barnet formula giving them cash that's disproportionate to their tax take? Or did that get scrapped and Westminster just gives them cash on top of their tax revenue as it isn't quite enough to meet all the public spending that doesn't seem to extend to fixing pot holes.
        Yes. You need to stop believing the Daily Mail, Express and Torygraph.

Will England survive without our oil, gas, water and electricity?

Here’s David Cameron letting slip about why Norway is so rich. They have the same amount of oil but sharing it with only 4 million people. Norway has actually just over 5 million people, the same as Scotland.

YouTube

Comment

It doesn't.

Here's how the Barnet formula works. I have a one bed flat. You have a nine bed house. I earn £10 and give it to you. You tell me I'm only really due £1 back because of my bedroom share, but as a generous subsidising 'partner' you're going to give me £3 (Thanks BtW). Along with the £3 you also give me a bill for £20 for a 10% share of your new lawn mower, despite me not having a garden. This IS the reality of the Barnet Formula.
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            We could export fat girls ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
            nah, we couldnae compete with the middle and north of engerland.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
              Scotland is a resource rich country
              Full of resources like Oil that the SNP want to do away with in double quick time. Good luck utilising THAT resource to drive your "economic miracles"

Scotland falls down economic and social well-being index | HeraldScotland

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
                Now that the UK has left the EU and are treated as a 3rd country, watch the international community get behind Scotland becoming independent.
                How did that work out for the Catalan people?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  Full of resources like Oil that the SNP want to do away with in double quick time. Good luck utilising THAT resource to drive your "economic miracles"

Scotland falls down economic and social well-being index | HeraldScotland

Yes, it would be best for the climate if the oil stayed in the ground. We can’t stop it immediately but we need to be weaned off using so much. It helps that Scotland has generated all the electricity we need without the need to burn carbon:

Scotland 'will soon generate 100% of its power through renewables' - Energy Live News

The well-being report has been found to be rubbish made up by an arch unionist. Good try though.

FACT CHECK: Claim Scotland has slid down global well-being rankings | The National

Comment

are they scottish?
                    WTF?

Comment

It hasn’t yet. The problem for Catalonia is they aren’t recognised as a nation and they are tied to Spain in their law. Their time will come though as they will be recognised as a people who can self-determine under the UN articles. You’ve even referred to them as a distinct people in your post.

Scotland is recognised as a nation with its own laws, education system, etc. We just happen to be in a political union that we are now about to dissolve.

Comment

Working...
                      X