• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU would be enthusiastic if Scotland applied to rejoin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    Richard Murphy? This Richard Murphy?
    Aye....good old "Mr rough and ready" himself.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      OK, Mr 'Economic reality'....tell me in 50 words how Scotland's (as a random example) Corporation Tax take, for the purposes of GERS, is calculated.

I know how it's done by the way, having contracted at the Scotland office when GERS was introduced, so, come on, show us your credentials. (Or are you just spouting bollox and claiming knowledge you don't have ?)
      Corporation Tax is calculated on the profit from a company's economic activity in Scotland for the purposes of GERS.

What's your point?
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Corporation Tax is calculated on the profit from a company's economic activity in Scotland for the purposes of GERS.

What's your point?
        Are you deliberately trying to look stupid ? Let me word it in a simpler manner. How Scotland's annual income from Corporation Tax is calculated, for the purposes of GERS.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
          Third poll in a week shows support for independence is growing. Once an actual campaign gets underway that will increase even more.

Third poll finds increased support for independence
          A poll of how many people?

Taken from which demographic?

Comment

Are you deliberately trying to look stupid ? Let me word it in a simpler manner. How Scotland's annual income from Corporation Tax is calculated, for the purposes of GERS.
            Ah, I see your tack: you're trying to use the fact Scotland sends more Corporation Tax to the Treasury than it receives as a share of the population as an argument in favour of independence?

Fair enough. But one tax in isolation does not make your case. Broaden your argument out to the total tax revenue "raised" in Scotland versus the total tax "spent" in Scotland.
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Ah, I see your tack: you're trying to use the fact Scotland sends more Corporation Tax to the Treasury than it receives as a share of the population as an argument in favour of independence?

Fair enough. But one tax in isolation does not make your case. Broaden your argument out to the total tax revenue "raised" in Scotland versus the total tax "spent" in Scotland.
              I can't work out whether you're acting stupid or just are.

You were the one who claimed that arguments against the deficit shown in the GERS figures are fantasy/unicorns/fairy dust, yet you have absolutely ZERO comprehension of what the GERS figures actually are or how they are derived.

I don't need to broaden my argument. You need to put some factual basis behind yours.

I asked AS AN EXAMPLE, rather than a representation of the whole, how are Scotland's Corporation Tax receipts, for the purposes of GERS, calculated. Do you know ?
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

They are normal polls taken in the normal way by the big polling companies.

There will be a breakdown on their websites.

Comment

No, not at all. Show me your economic case* for an independent Scotland and change my mind. You won't win by name-calling.

* Please note that any such "economic case" should not have been previously thoroughly debunked.
                  I know there are BritNats like you who will always be Nawbags. You'll always be standing shoulder-to-shoulder with holocaust denier McConnachie in George Square waving your union flag and giving nazi salutes.

You are a lost cause, always running down Scotland.

The job of the Yes movement is to persuade soft Noes to Yesses. It's working, as we can see with the polls. Brexit, when it actually happens, will turn it into a landslide

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

See the grey line at the bottom - did not vote in the last referendums? Those include EU citizens and 16-18 year olds who were not allowed to vote in the EU referendum or were too young to vote in the 2014 Indyref.

Comment

I can't work out whether you're acting stupid or just are.

You were the one who claimed that arguments against the deficit shown in the GERS figures are fantasy/unicorns/fairy dust, yet you have absolutely ZERO comprehension of what the GERS figures actually are or how they are derived.

I don't need to broaden my argument. You need to put some factual basis behind yours.

I asked AS AN EXAMPLE, rather than a representation of the whole, how are Scotland's Corporation Tax receipts, for the purposes of GERS, calculated. Do you know ?
                      *sighs* Corporation Tax receipts -- as Corporation Tax is not actually collected in Scotland -- is estimated as a based on analysis of purchases made in Scotland. The precise methodology is published on the Scottish Government's website somewhere AISTR.

Again, what's your point? Do you actually want the mechanics? Is that how you "win"?

You really are an odd, little man.
                      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Working...
                      X