• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU would be enthusiastic if Scotland applied to rejoin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU would be enthusiastic if Scotland applied to rejoin

"Donald Tusk, the former president of the European council, has said there would be widespread enthusiasm in the EU if Scotland applied to rejoin after independence.

In remarks that will boost Nicola Sturgeon’s campaign for a second referendum, Tusk told the BBC he had great sympathy with the desire of many Scots to rejoin the EU after Brexit.

“I want to stop myself from saying something too blunt. Sometimes I feel I am Scots. I’m very Scottish now, especially after Brexit,” he told BBC One’s The Andrew Marr Show.

“Emotionally, I have no doubt everyone would be enthusiastic here, in Brussels and more widely in Europe, but still we have treaties and formalities. But if you ask me about our emotions, there’s a genuine feeling. You will witness only, I think, empathy.”"

Tusk: EU would be enthusiastic if Scotland applied to rejoin | Politics | The Guardian

Yep, no surprises here, EU will bend some rules for them, problem of currency will be solved with EUR.

And I am sure there will be an exodus of enthusiastic businesses and people who will want to move from England to Scotland on the off-chance that there will be a referendum. In fact, I think a second Scottish referendum is now inevitable.
    Last edited by Paddy; 3 February 2020, 00:22.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Scotland has half of Britain's fishing waters so it isn't surprising that the EU will welcome Scotland with immediate effect.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        In fact, I think a second Scottish referendum is now inevitable.
        Not only it's inevitably, it will inevitably get the result needed for independence, which is why SNP will wait till the right time, which given morons like Boris won't be too long.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Scotland has half of Britain's fishing waters so it isn't surprising that the EU will welcome Scotland with immediate effect.
          Scotland has a lot more than half of the fishing waters which also includes 95% of the oil

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            "Donald Tusk, the former president of the European council, has said there would be widespread enthusiasm in the EU if Scotland applied to rejoin after independence.

In remarks that will boost Nicola Sturgeon’s campaign for a second referendum, Tusk told the BBC he had great sympathy with the desire of many Scots to rejoin the EU after Brexit.

“I want to stop myself from saying something too blunt. Sometimes I feel I am Scots. I’m very Scottish now, especially after Brexit,” he told BBC One’s The Andrew Marr Show.

“Emotionally, I have no doubt everyone would be enthusiastic here, in Brussels and more widely in Europe, but still we have treaties and formalities. But if you ask me about our emotions, there’s a genuine feeling. You will witness only, I think, empathy.”"

Tusk: EU would be enthusiastic if Scotland applied to rejoin | Politics | The Guardian

Yep, no surprises here, EU will bend some rules for them, problem of currency will be solved with EUR.
            They don’t have to bend any rules. The UK is a 3rd country now so the EU doesn’t have to show any solidarity with them against Scottish independence. Scotland is a resource rich country and voted to stay as part of the EU. They will also be happy to let Scotland join purely to stick two fingers up to little England.

Watch Spain get Gibraltar and Ireland re-unify now too.

There is no problem with currency. No country that has left the empire had to worry about which currency to use. We can use any internationally traded currency or start our own. Our banks already issue their own bank notes and plans are underway to open a central bank and re-open the Scottish Stock Exchange.

Comment

Rule bending for things like EUR membership etc

Comment

Who owns Uk fishing rights

Revealed: the millionaires hoarding UK fishing rights - Unearthed

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  And I am sure there will be an exodus of enthusiastic businesses and people who will want to move from England to Scotland on the off-chance that there will be a referendum. In fact, I think a second Scottish referendum is now inevitable.
                  Would think so to. Not on what the news is saying, 100% on what family are saying. Gwd they are raging.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Good luck to Scotland, I hope they do well. Would EU let them join, probably not, but fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                    X