Deets about the NHS money Deets about the NHS money
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Banned


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    342

    Default Deets about the NHS money

    Welcome to week 1 of this new golden age for the uk.

    Does anyone have any deets about the 350 millions a week for the NHS? Has the first batch been transferred already or will it be transferred at the end of the week.

    Anyone knows the details of the arrangement? Like...weekly or monthly payments?

    Can't wait to use this new and improved NHS!!!!

  2. #2

    Godlike

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    9,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCTNN View Post
    Welcome to week 1 of this new golden age for the uk.

    Does anyone have any deets about the 350 millions a week for the NHS? Has the first batch been transferred already or will it be transferred at the end of the week.

    Anyone knows the details of the arrangement? Like...weekly or monthly payments?

    Can't wait to use this new and improved NHS!!!!
    It's all being stuffed into brown envelopes to be delivered by Uber drivers. If you happen to find one in an Uber, you're legally allowed to keep it.

    (It's supposed to be secret, so don't tell anyone, OK?)
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  3. #3

    I Am Legend


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    108,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCTNN View Post
    Welcome to week 1 of this new golden age for the uk.

    Does anyone have any deets about the 350 millions a week for the NHS? Has the first batch been transferred already or will it be transferred at the end of the week.

    Anyone knows the details of the arrangement? Like...weekly or monthly payments?

    Can't wait to use this new and improved NHS!!!!
    I thought the £350m was taken up by the mental health provision for the remoaners?
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

  4. #4

    Banned


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I thought the £350m was taken up by the mental health provision for the remoaners?
    Maybe yes, maybe not.

    But where is it? Has it been paid to the NHS yet? the country need to know they voted for the right thing.

  5. #5

    Double Godlike!

    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...
    Posts
    11,748

    Default

    Perhaps you need to pay closer attention to what's going on. For the rest of this year, w're still paying our usual subs to the EU, on the back of existing commitements. Ask that question this time next year and you may get a better answer. Probably along the lines of "no".

    FWIW it was always a slogan, not an intention. It's also worth remembering NHS funding is ring-fenced and continues to rise year on year anyway, the real problem is they have no idea how to spend it effectively - only about 40% goes to patient care.
    Blog? What blog...?

  6. #6

    Banned


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    For the rest of this year, w're still paying our usual subs to the EU, on the back of existing commitements.
    This cannot be right. Boris told everyone that the uk was leaving the EU on January 31st 2020.

    You must be lying because surely he isn't.

    Where's the new money for the NHS?

  7. #7

    Godlike

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    9,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCTNN View Post
    This cannot be right. Boris told everyone that the uk was leaving the EU on January 31st 2020.

    You must be lying because surely he isn't.

    Where's the new money for the NHS?
    Transition period.

    HTH, BIDI
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  8. #8

    My post count is Majestic

    d000hg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    32,509

    Default

    A particularly poor troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

  9. #9

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    That bloody bus. Did anyone actually see it? In real-life.


    It was a stroke of campaigning genius.


    "We send the EU £350 million a week
    let's fund our NHS instead


    Let's take back control
    "


    The £350 million figure is at the same time both right and wrong. We sent £350m a week ... but got about £100m back.

    It doesn't say "Lets spend £350million extra a week on the NHS" ... you might have misunderstood it.

    But what it did do was keep the focus firmly on how much the UK contributes to the EU budget, whilst simultaneously bringing up the underfunding of the NHS.

    I couldn't believe the remain side walked straight into that elephant-trap and constantly brought it up, continually reminding voters that a) The UK sent a shed-load of cash to the EU and b) The NHS needs extra funding.

    Remain should have ignored it completely and focused on the benefits of being an EU member.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomtomagain View Post
    That bloody bus. Did anyone actually see it? In real-life.


    It was a stroke of campaigning genius.


    "We send the EU £350 million a week
    let's fund our NHS instead


    Let's take back control
    "


    The £350 million figure is at the same time both right and wrong. We sent £350m a week ... but got about £100m back.

    It doesn't say "Lets spend £350million extra a week on the NHS" ... you might have misunderstood it.

    But what it did do was keep the focus firmly on how much the UK contributes to the EU budget, whilst simultaneously bringing up the underfunding of the NHS.

    I couldn't believe the remain side walked straight into that elephant-trap and constantly brought it up, continually reminding voters that a) The UK sent a shed-load of cash to the EU and b) The NHS needs extra funding.

    Remain should have ignored it completely and focused on the benefits of being an EU member.
    Hear, hear!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •