• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well this wasn't supposed to happen was it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    No it's based on the response of the EU to the UK leaving the EU.
    No it's not
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

yes it is

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        No it's not
        Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        yes it is
        Let's get Easter out of the way first!
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          Let's get Easter out of the way first!
          What happens then, you get to lick the chocolate bunny?
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            What happens then, you get to lick the chocolate bunny?
            Yeah mate, she loves it.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              well it's actually based on Brussels trying to block trade - or a concern that that is what they will do to try to punish the UK.

Nissan to 'pull out of Europe and concentrate on UK' in event of hard Brexit | PoliticsHome.com

I guess what Nissan are really saying is they are happy with the current tariffs etc and could not really give a fook about politicians - unless they fook about with the tariffs.
              Remind me again who is leaving the CU?

I don't understand why people expect the EU to rollover and accept whatever trade deal terms the UK wants. The EU warned you there is no way for a comprehensive trade deal without straight out re-adoption of CU/SM to happen in 1 year, yet i'm sure it will be blamed for not signing up to one by the end of the transition period.

Any job losses in the EU from Nisan closing it's factories will be compensated by new jobs created by other car manufacturers. The demand for X amount of cars in the EU will still be there. If Nisan is unwilling to fulfil it, other manufacturers, most likely European will.

Comment

Fake News

Nissan denied having made such a plan, however, and said its Sunderland plant would be under threat along with its European operations if the UK fails to ensure tariff-free access to the EU market
                The Guardian
                "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Now that Brexit is done the economy will decide whether it's good not the tabloid newspapers. We will see next January whether Nissan will expand in the UK because deliveries are delayed, tariffs imposed and costs soar. I have my doubts.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

GBP Sterling tumbles as Barnier makes strict demands for UK trade deal

oh dear.............
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      Great for exports! Plus we're able to still blame the EU for any bad stuff that happens

Comment

Working...
                      X