• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well this wasn't supposed to happen was it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sal View Post
    Remind me again who is leaving the CU?

I don't understand why people expect the EU to rollover and accept whatever trade deal terms the UK wants. The EU warned you there is no way for a comprehensive trade deal without straight out re-adoption of CU/SM to happen in 1 year, yet i'm sure it will be blamed for not signing up to one by the end of the transition period.

Any job losses in the EU from Nisan closing it's factories will be compensated by new jobs created by other car manufacturers. The demand for X amount of cars in the EU will still be there. If Nisan is unwilling to fulfil it, other manufacturers, most likely European will.
    And i do not understand why you stand by and let a bunch of self serving ******* make decisions about the future of millions of people in the EU when clearly those decisions are short term solutions to bolster their political careers.

The people of the UK voted to eave the EU - it is now down to the politicians of the EU and the UK to ensure that runs as smoothly as possible - it is not up to them to try and 'punish' someone because their noses have been put out of joint.

Or do you think that is exactly what elected officials should do?

Cos it seems to be what you are saying.

Comment

Same Old Original

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      it is now down to the politicians of the EU and the UK to ensure that runs as smoothly as possible
      Using the word 'smoothly' is not only completely disingenuous it is also utterly ridiculous.

You and your thicko friends in the Brexit minority threw a massive spanner in the works. The talks are about making the best of this bad, bad situation. It won't be smooth. And you can't expect the EU to behave like complete idiots just because you did.

They've said all along you and Boris can have a third country arrangement (now being called 'Australia' by Dom) or you can have many of the advantages we enjoy now but obviously you have got to tow the line, and tow it 100%. That'll be the nearest you get to smooth.

So which do you want, Original??
      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
        Using the word 'smoothly' is not only completely disingenuous it is also utterly ridiculous.

You and your thicko friends in the Brexit minority threw a massive spanner in the works. The talks are about making the best of this bad, bad situation. It won't be smooth. And you can't expect the EU to behave like complete idiots just because you did.

They've said all along you and Boris can have a third country arrangement (now being called 'Australia' by Dom) or you can have many of the advantages we enjoy now but obviously you have got to tow the line, and tow it 100%. That'll be the nearest you get to smooth.

So which do you want, Original??
        We threw a spanner in the works?

Should we just have been good citizens and done what we was told to do by them there posh n clever people in dat der London and Brussels?

If you do think that then fook me..

Comment

We threw a spanner in the works?

Should we just have been good citizens and done what we was told to do by them there posh n clever people in dat der London and Brussels?

If you do think that then fook me..
          Looking at the GE in December, it appears the good citizens and Wailers did just that.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Looking at the GE in December, it appears the good citizens are about to get something along the lines of that which they voted for. And it also appears that the whining minority are in no mood to stop churlishly gurning on about the fact that they LOST..................TWICE!
            ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Looking at the GE in December, it appears the good citizens and Wailers did just that.
              what's reggae got to do with it?

Comment

And i do not understand why you stand by and let a bunch of self serving ******* make decisions about the future of millions of people in the EU when clearly those decisions are short term solutions to bolster their political careers.

The people of the UK voted to eave the EU - it is now down to the politicians of the EU and the UK to ensure that runs as smoothly as possible - it is not up to them to try and 'punish' someone because their noses have been put out of joint.

And there's me thinking that the EU was undemocratic and didn't have elected officials...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  And there's me thinking that the EU was undemocratic and didn't have elected officials...
                  Less politicians is better.

Has this thread and any others not taught you that politicians do not care about anything but themselves?

Comment

Self serving politicians? We're World Class

Has this thread and any others not taught you that politicians do not care about anything but themselves?
                    You have to be joking!!??

Brexit boys Johnson and Gove are surely the most extreme examples of totally amoral bent politicians in the history of the world. They can barely keep a straight face when they are asked to make statements.

And they are the ones you, and people like you, have fallen for, hook, line and sinker.

You will rightly point out that if the EU negotiators are self-serving and untrustworthy then it clearly important to be dealing with the UK's interests inside the EU rather than outside.

However, don't beat yourself up too much over only just realising you voted the wrong way. It will cause damage. Hundreds of thousands of people will lose their jobs (in the EU as well as the UK) but when all is said and done it wasn't down to you - over 17 million other idiots made the same stupid mistake - so don't feel quite so bad as you obviously do right now after realising Boris is taking us off the cliff edge.
                    Last edited by Cirrus; 4 February 2020, 16:06.
                    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

You are hilarious. One minute the EU politicians are unelected, the next they're elected officials who need to make the trade process smooth. You say they want to punish us, when it's our own politicians who are punishing the public. The EU guys are merely looking after their own citizens; they have no responsibility to do right for us, that's up to Bojo and his posh Tory chums.

After all this time you still don't get it. You voted for this. You voted to leave the EU. You voted to 'take back control' so that our politicians make decisions on our behalf and the EU no longer do so. You won fella. get over it; if you don't like the way the negotiations are going have a word with your Tory MP.

Or do what us remainers are doing, pull up a chair, crack open the and enjoy the fun.
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X