• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well this wasn't supposed to happen was it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Or do what us remainers are doing, pull up a chair, crack open the and whine and bleat incessantly
    ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Or do what us remainers are doing, pull up a chair, crack open the and keep rubbing brexiteers noses in it, day after day, so they can never just forget what a massive mistake they made. We'll make sure they feel the shame until their dying day.
      They shall not grow forgetful, as we that are left grow old:
      Age shall not warm them, nor the years condemn.
      At the going down of the sun and in the morning
      We will remind them
      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        ftfy

Spuddy, Spuddy, Spuddy ..... the whinging is coming from you lot. You haven't stopped since you 'won' Now pop off back to your little hovel and let oPM do the intelligent posting on your behalf
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
          You have to be joking!!??

Brexit boys Johnson and Gove are surely the most extreme examples of totally amoral bent politicians in the history of the world. They can barely keep a straight face when they are asked to make statements.

And they are the ones you, and people like you, have fallen for, hook, line and sinker.

You will rightly point out that if the EU negotiators are self-serving and untrustworthy then it clearly important to be dealing with the UK's interests inside the EU rather than outside.

However, don't beat yourself up too much over only just realising you voted the wrong way. It will cause damage. Hundreds of thousands of people will lose their jobs (in the EU as well as the UK) but when all is said and done it wasn't down to you - over 17 million other idiots made the same stupid mistake - so don't feel quite so bad as you obviously do right now after realising Boris is taking us off the cliff edge.
          You are hilarious. One minute the EU politicians are unelected, the next they're elected officials who need to make the trade process smooth. You say they want to punish us, when it's our own politicians who are punishing the public. The EU guys are merely looking after their own citizens; they have no responsibility to do right for us, that's up to Bojo and his posh Tory chums.

After all this time you still don't get it. You voted for this. You voted to leave the EU. You voted to 'take back control' so that our politicians make decisions on our behalf and the EU no longer do so. You won fella. get over it; if you don't like the way the negotiations are going have a word with your Tory MP.

Or do what us remainers are doing, pull up a chair, crack open the and enjoy the fun.
          Can you point to the post where I said any of the UK politicians are any better?

So now we are out of Europe and our politicians can no longer hide behind the EU and make excuses we can start to address the problems with UK politics.

If we had stayed in the EU we would never have got this chance.

Now does it make it clearer why a lot of people voted to leave the EU?

It is not that the UK is so much better than the EU but that we would have absolutely no chance of bringing about real change and making the country better for everyone if we had stayed in the EU.

Does that make sense to you? Are you starting to see the bigger picture now?

Comment

OK, I'll bite .....

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Can you point to the post where I said any of the UK politicians are any better?
            Didn't say you did. That's what makes you a complete numpty .... you've voted to give our morally corrupt MPs even more control.

So now we are out of Europe and our politicians can no longer hide behind the EU and make excuses we can start to address the problems with UK politics.
            You don't believe that. If you did you wouldn't be following their current rhetoric and blaming the EU for all our problems. 99% of the problems in this country lie at the doors of Westminster. The only change we will see, is in future this figure will be 100%

If we had stayed in the EU we would never have got this chance.
            Good

Now does it make it clearer why a lot of people voted to leave the EU?
            It's always been crystal clear. The people who voted out are inherently racist, and believe the lies of the Tories. Any ideas when we'll get that £350m a week for the NHS, or when all those wonderful trade deals will be signed?

It is not that the UK is so much better than the EU
            Well, we agree on something ....

but that we would have absolutely no chance of bringing about real change and making the country better for everyone if we had stayed in the EU.
            Not true, although I see you do believe all the Tory lies. We had a seat at the EU table, we were one of the drivers of EU rules. We had a veto. We were not rule takers, we were rule makers. The problem is our fixed term parliament, and the short termism of Westminster. This won't change when we leave the EU.

Does that make sense to you? Are you starting to see the bigger picture now?
            Oh yes. I see the picture. You're as delusional today as you always are. You swallow everything you read in the right wing press as gospel and you can't think for yourself. Thanks again for giving me some light entertainment before I start work this morning
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Nissan 'could pull out of EU and expand in UK after hard Brexit' | Business | The Guardian

Obviously for any good workers based in the EU there will be an opportunity to apply for a working visa in the UK.
              It's happened!

Nissan puts focus on UK plant but sparks anger with Spain closure | Business News | Sky News

EDIT:

Workers have been on strike since early May, staging protests after Nissan only partially resumed production following a temporary shutdown due to the coronavirus.
              Doh!
              Last edited by Platypus; 28 May 2020, 13:49.

Comment

oops when was Spexit?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  oops when was Spexit?
                  mañana
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

It's always been crystal clear. The people who voted out are inherently racist, and believe the lies of the Tories. Any ideas when we'll get that £350m a week for the NHS, or when all those wonderful trade deals will be signed?
                    Believe that, if it makes you feel better.

Not true, although I see you do believe all the Tory lies. We had a seat at the EU table, we were one of the drivers of EU rules. We had a veto. We were not rule takers, we were rule makers. The problem is our fixed term parliament, and the short termism of Westminster. This won't change when we leave the EU.
                    I can't believe you actually believe that. We don't have 'a veto' - those are now opt-outs, and we only had two of any significance; the Euro and Schengen.
                    If you miss it that much, you could always apply to become an EU citizen. It must surely be better than being surrounded by a bunch of window-licking racists.
                    Remember to send us a postcard from EUtopia...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Not true, although I see you do believe all the Tory lies. We had a seat at the EU table, we were one of the drivers of EU rules. We had a veto. We were not rule takers, we were rule makers.
                      Oh my sides

Probably only useful thing we managed is Article 50.

I suggest you watch EU voting some time.

Comment

Working...
                      X