• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The referendum promises are looking a little threadbare:

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The referendum promises are looking a little threadbare:

"The day after we vote to leave we hold all the cards and we can choose the path we want..." - Michael Gove (9 April 2016)

“We will obtain a comprehensive agreement on trade and security, giving us the "exact same benefits" that we have as a member” - David Davies, Parliament, January 2017

"There will continue to be free trade, and access to the single market..." - Boris Johnson (26 June 2016)

"Getting out of the EU can be quick and easy – the UK holds most of the cards in any negotiation..." - John Redwood (17 July 2016)

"The free trade agreement that we will have to do with the European Union should be one of the easiest in human history..." - Liam Fox (20 July 2017)

"There will be no downside to Brexit, only a considerable upside..." - David Davis (10 October 2016)

Time to deliver on the promises lads. Thanks. Whatever happened to Fox and Davis by the way?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Well it has been almost 72 hours now with a weekend thrown in.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Liam Fox
      "I hear people saying 'oh we won't have any [free trade agreements] before we leave'. Well believe me we'll have up to 40 ready for one second after midnight in March 2019," he told cheering Tory activists.
      That went well
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        That went well
        To be fare, he was correct .... on 1st April 2019 we were still in the EU so we had access to all their trade deals
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          To be fare, he was correct .... on 1st April 2019 we were still in the EU so we had access to all their trade deals
          fair

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            fair

That's a fair point
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
            X