• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

41% of leavers are bothered when foreigners speak their own language

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

41% of leavers are bothered when foreigners speak their own language

41% of leavers (and 14% of remainers it has to be said) are bothered when foreigners speak their own language amongst each other in the UK

Daily Question | 03/02/2020 | YouGov

I wonder how many of those cretins will speak another language when they are in a non-English speaking country?

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    41% of leavers (and 14% of remainers it has to be said) are bothered when foreigners speak their own language amongst each other in the UK

I wonder how many of those cretins will speak another language when they are in a non-English speaking country?
    Dos cerveza por favour
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

This shouldn't be a surprise. The real insight would come from a demogrpahic analysis of the data (i.e. the age of respondents)... again, I wouldn't expect to see any surprises in the data (i.e. older respondents are more likely to vote Leave; younger respondents vote Remain").
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
        This shouldn't be a surprise. The real insight would come from a demogrpahic analysis of the data (i.e. the age of respondents)... again, I wouldn't expect to see any surprises in the data (i.e. older respondents are more likely to vote Leave; younger respondents vote Remain").
        Click on the age, region and other tabs and you see the demographics. Above 65s are actually slightly more tolerant then the category 50-65

Comment

Click on the age, region and other tabs and you see the demographics. Above 65s are actually slightly more tolerant then the category 50-65
          Interesting; thanks.
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
            Dos cerveza por favour
            You don't have a friend ... you only need to ask for one
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              You don't have a friend ... you only need to ask for one
              You order beers 1 at a time?
              Originally posted by Old Greg
              I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

No we're fecking not.

Cymru am Byth, mother****er.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                  You order beers 1 at a time?
                  My friends by my beer
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    My friends by my beer
                    You're obviously unfamiliar with that phrase.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                    X