• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexiters, now it is your chance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexiters, now it is your chance

Chancellor Sajid Javid will use his Budget next month to launch a “Brexit red tape challenge”, inviting members of the public to propose ways in which Britain might diverge from the EU rule book.

The concept of the UK diverging from EU regulations is at the heart of Boris Johnson’s Brexit policy but, more than three and a half years after Britain voted to leave the EU, ministers have yet to articulate exactly what they mean.Now Mr Javid is to ask members of the public and the business community to identify EU rules enshrined in British law that the government could “improve or remove” — a process he has described as a “competition”.

Asked to give some examples of which EU regulations he would like to change, Mr Javid said: “I’m not going to do that right now.”
    There you go, give us a list of rules, laws and regulations you want to get rid of, also pass them onto the government and when it all goes tulip, they can blame you. This also shows to go that they have no idea what they are doing....

Article
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

They have no idea of what to do so they're trying to make the public more involved. The same public that they'll blame for anything bad that will happen. Classic!

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      There you go, give us a list of rules, laws and regulations you want to get rid of, also pass them onto the government and when it all goes tulip, they can blame you. This also shows to go that they have no idea what they are doing....

Article
      Send them these

European Commission in the UK - European Commission
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I predict 23 million suggestions about diverging from rules on tax avoidance from certain people.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Dear Sajid,
          As a mobile phone provider, this requirement that I can't charge exorbitant rates for mobile phone roaming is really getting on my tits. Can I please have permission to rip off the consumers mercilessly?
          Cheers!

Comment

All along they've fired up the Brexit Class with this Red Tape nonsense and now they are suddenly asking everyone what the hell they must have been talking about.

It's not the dreadful incompetence of Brexiteers (and the Boris junta). it's the fact that they can expose it all so publicly, knowing their ****wit followers will still vote for them!
            "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

I wonder how many of our own CUK brexiters will volunteer some options? I'll go for one (oPM); the rest have no idea what they voted for. oPM will post nothing that makes any sense, but at least he'll have a go

BR14 will claim he voted remain, but will nevertheless post a and attack remain voters

Spuddy will make another bowl of mashed spuds
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Article
                lol........ Sajid Javid is thick

Comment

Originally posted by canoas View Post
                  lol........ Sajid Javid is thick
                  Did you dream up that retort all by yourself? Go on, admit it, sasguru gave you some help, didn't he?
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Article
                    The directive demanding 10% of all fuel has to be biofuel by 2020. I have no idea whether that target was met, but I do know half* of south-east Asia has been burnt down to plant palm-oil**, for the purpose of selling it to EU nations at over-inflated prices, just to meet an arbitrary target which was fookwittery of the highest order in the first place.

*Exaggeration, it's not half. Yet.
                    **Yes I know you don't plant palm-oil, you plant palm-oil trees.
                    Last edited by Mordac; 6 February 2020, 20:22.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X