• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First £350M has been transferred to the NHS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    You still believe that we pay £350m a week nett to the EU?
    Where did I say "nett"?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      350 mln per week is 18 bln per year, just below 20 bln promised by May from unfunded sources and thta covers like maybe 5% annual increase in budget for the next 5 years - fook all.
      Yeah - we should have stayed in the EU and asked them to fund it.

Comment

But hey, the govt save less than 3% of their budget to make it more difficult for businesses to trade, reduce profits and related taxes, that means they need to go after the low hanging fruit of contractors who are trying to be contractors. They might catch a few permit-tractors - the kind of people who stay at the same client for years/decades and wouldn’t travel for a contract.
        There’ll be more of that, as the gov needs to fill the hole it the finances that it created to satisfy those taken in by the lies. Oh, sorry, we don’t call them lies and more, they were referendum/election promises.
        We’re not taking back control of anything we didn’t already have control of
        We’re not going to be better off
        There’s no £350million for the NHS.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Yeah - we should have stayed in the EU and asked them to fund it.
          Why should EU fund UK health system?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Why should EU fund UK health system?
            I think you missed the sarcasm in my post.

Or I suppose I could say well ' With all these foreigners coming over here and using our NHS maybe they should fund it' but that is a patently untrue statement.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              I think you missed the sarcasm in my post.

Or I suppose I could say well ' With all these foreigners coming over here and using our NHS maybe they should fund it' but that is a patently untrue statement.
              It’s the foreigners that are paying taxes & NI to supportthe NHS, and the foreigners that are working in the NHS that we are losing - there’s your problem.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                It’s the foreigners that are paying taxes & NI to supportthe NHS, and the foreigners that are working in the NHS that we are losing - there’s your problem.
                Why would we lose people from overseas working in the UK?

No particular reason why we would single out those from 27 European countries over those from the other 170 ish countries in the world.

Yes maybe a working visa maybe needed for new arrivals but...

Lets see what actually happens.

Comment

Working...
                X