• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tories plan massive tax rises

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tories plan massive tax rises

IR35 is just the beginning

Tories eye mansion tax and raid on pensions

The government needs to attract companies by lowering taxes, and now they have a large number of high earners who don't have any rights to go anywhere to escape.

Good one, well done Boris. There will be a Brexit dividend.
    I'm alright Jack

Tory voters now queuing up to express their fury on LBC.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Tory voters now queuing up to express their fury on LBC.
      Is that a fact or more of your crap?
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Is that a fact or more of your crap?
        You need to tune in to LBC.

Lots of angry listeners.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          You need to tune in to LBC.

Lots of angry listeners.
          ...complaining about "smart" motorways (which are anything but smart, tbf)...

Did I miss something?
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            ...complaining about "smart" motorways (which are anything but smart, tbf)...

Did I miss something?
            indeed

Tory civil war: MPs and campaigners stunned over planned tax raid
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Yep, Tory Scum “party of business” going yo do it again, ena led by scum labour who even in loss get tax increases in.

This deal is getting worse all the time.

Comment

That story has a definite whiff about it. Possibly a deliberate leak to test the waters or a diversionary tactic. The hand of Cummings perhaps?

Cue the official denials. Followed by Javid's sacking.
                Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 9 February 2020, 20:45.
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Isn't it traditional for newly elected governments to hike up taxes in the first year or two, in order to then bring them down again before the next election? Votes have short memories.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                    Isn't it traditional for newly elected governments to hike up taxes in the first year or two, in order to then bring them down again before the next election? Votes have short memories.
                    In two party system one party is supposed to cut taxes and another to increase - then things balance itself a bit over long term.

Problem is that both parties now hike taxes a lot in the first year AND we have more frequent “elections”.

Korbyn is going to have a laugh drinking taxpayer subsidised beverage watching Tory Scum taxing their own voters on the grounds that Korbyn would have taxed them more.

Comment

Working...
                    X