Ginger get the popcorn! Ginger get the popcorn! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    21,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Interesting.

    What benefits do those of us on here see about still having EU citizen ship. (with the obvious exception of the 0.0005% of the population who may actually work outside of the UK and in one of the 27 member states of the EU)

    Just asking.
    The only difference to me is that I can work in the EU. If I want to. My permit works as a Schengen visa. Maybe we can still use the EU passport queues?
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath

  2. #12

    Super poster

    Eirikur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    The only difference to me is that I can work in the EU. If I want to. My permit works as a Schengen visa. Maybe we can still use the EU passport queues?
    Work permits are afaik only valid per country not for the entire Schengen area.

  3. #13

    Super poster

    Eirikur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Well no of course not - approx 24% of tourists to Spain are from the UK (Tourism in Spain - Wikipedia)

    Would you be happy to take a 25% pay cut?

    For absolutely no reason?
    22.3% in 2018 according to you own link. Introducing a visa or other restrictions for Brits will maybe reduce the number a tiny bit, but certainly most will still go.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    22.3% in 2018 according to you own link. Introducing a visa or other restrictions for Brits will maybe reduce the number a tiny bit, but certainly most will still go.
    Yep, because Brits are so predictable. How's Brexit working out for you Johny?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

  5. #15

    Godlike

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    9,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    Yep, because Brits are so predictable. How's Brexit working out for you Johny?
    his name isn't johny, it's klootzak.

    HTH
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

  6. #16

    Super poster

    Whorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    3,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    Of course not, that would be ridiculous, sometimes Terry goes too
    When does he go? June?
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

  7. #17

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    21,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Interesting.

    What benefits do those of us on here see about still having EU citizen ship. (with the obvious exception of the 0.0005% of the population who may actually work outside of the UK and in one of the 27 member states of the EU)

    Just asking.
    The only difference to me is that I can work in the EU. If I want to. My permit works as a Schengen visa. Maybe we can still use the EU passport queues?
    Work permits are afaik only valid per country not for the entire Schengen area.
    If I retain EU citizenship, I'll retain the existing rights conferred and so still be able to work in the EU.

    A residency permit for a country within Schengen act as a Schengen visa. That allows free travel. I have that regardless of retaining EU citizenship.

    If I retain EU citizenship and wish to go to work in another country, I'll need to apply for a residency/work permit in that country, but I'll be entitled to it for the asking once I've got a work contract.

    Indian nationals working in the EU have freedom to travel as tourists around Schengen. They have to apply for a residency/work permit if they wish to settle and work in a new EU country. That's because they don't have EU citizenship.

    Hope that's clear enough for you.
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    his name isn't johny, it's klootzak.

    HTH
    Steady, lest the sensitive little tulip goes whinging and whining to his favourite Mod.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

  9. #19

    Double Godlike!

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    If I retain EU citizenship, I'll retain the existing rights conferred and so still be able to work in the EU.

    A residency permit for a country within Schengen act as a Schengen visa. That allows free travel. I have that regardless of retaining EU citizenship.

    If I retain EU citizenship and wish to go to work in another country, I'll need to apply for a residency/work permit in that country, but I'll be entitled to it for the asking once I've got a work contract.

    Indian nationals working in the EU have freedom to travel as tourists around Schengen. They have to apply for a residency/work permit if they wish to settle and work in a new EU country. That's because they don't have EU citizenship.

    Hope that's clear enough for you.
    Yeah I'll just hit up some nice Indian chaps and get one.

    Six Arrested in India and Two Others in Algeria for Forging Schengen Visas - Schengen Visa Info

  10. #20

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    21,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    I''ll just let some spammers through for you, now your regular contacts have been caught.
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •