• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ginger get the popcorn!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Interesting.

What benefits do those of us on here see about still having EU citizen ship. (with the obvious exception of the 0.0005% of the population who may actually work outside of the UK and in one of the 27 member states of the EU)

Just asking.
    The only difference to me is that I can work in the EU. If I want to. My permit works as a Schengen visa. Maybe we can still use the EU passport queues?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      The only difference to me is that I can work in the EU. If I want to. My permit works as a Schengen visa. Maybe we can still use the EU passport queues?
      Work permits are afaik only valid per country not for the entire Schengen area.

Comment

Well no of course not - approx 24% of tourists to Spain are from the UK (Tourism in Spain - Wikipedia)

Would you be happy to take a 25% pay cut?

For absolutely no reason?
        22.3% in 2018 according to you own link. Introducing a visa or other restrictions for Brits will maybe reduce the number a tiny bit, but certainly most will still go.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          22.3% in 2018 according to you own link. Introducing a visa or other restrictions for Brits will maybe reduce the number a tiny bit, but certainly most will still go.
          Yep, because Brits are so predictable. How's Brexit working out for you Johny?
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            Yep, because Brits are so predictable. How's Brexit working out for you Johny?
            his name isn't johny, it's klootzak.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Of course not, that would be ridiculous, sometimes Terry goes too
              When does he go? June?
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                Interesting.

What benefits do those of us on here see about still having EU citizen ship. (with the obvious exception of the 0.0005% of the population who may actually work outside of the UK and in one of the 27 member states of the EU)

Just asking.
                Work permits are afaik only valid per country not for the entire Schengen area.
                If I retain EU citizenship, I'll retain the existing rights conferred and so still be able to work in the EU.

A residency permit for a country within Schengen act as a Schengen visa. That allows free travel. I have that regardless of retaining EU citizenship.

If I retain EU citizenship and wish to go to work in another country, I'll need to apply for a residency/work permit in that country, but I'll be entitled to it for the asking once I've got a work contract.

Indian nationals working in the EU have freedom to travel as tourists around Schengen. They have to apply for a residency/work permit if they wish to settle and work in a new EU country. That's because they don't have EU citizenship.

Hope that's clear enough for you.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  his name isn't johny, it's klootzak.

HTH
                  Steady, lest the sensitive little tulip goes whinging and whining to his favourite Mod.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

If I retain EU citizenship, I'll retain the existing rights conferred and so still be able to work in the EU.

A residency permit for a country within Schengen act as a Schengen visa. That allows free travel. I have that regardless of retaining EU citizenship.

If I retain EU citizenship and wish to go to work in another country, I'll need to apply for a residency/work permit in that country, but I'll be entitled to it for the asking once I've got a work contract.

Indian nationals working in the EU have freedom to travel as tourists around Schengen. They have to apply for a residency/work permit if they wish to settle and work in a new EU country. That's because they don't have EU citizenship.

Hope that's clear enough for you.
                    Yeah I'll just hit up some nice Indian chaps and get one.

Six Arrested in India and Two Others in Algeria for Forging Schengen Visas - Schengen Visa Info

Comment

I''ll just let some spammers through for you, now your regular contacts have been caught.

Comment

Working...
                      X