• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ginger get the popcorn!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ginger get the popcorn!

https://twitter.com/julienfouchet1/s...251598336?s=08

Breaking News, ECJ, 7.02.2020 C-789/19 P: "The Court has not explicitly established a link between the withdrawal of a Member State from the Union and the loss of the status of citizen of the Union for nationals of that Member State" : as a result, everything is still possible !!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Interesting.

What benefits do those of us on here see about still having EU citizen ship. (with the obvious exception of the 0.0005% of the population who may actually work outside of the UK and in one of the 27 member states of the EU)

Just asking.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Interesting.

What benefits do those of us on here see about still having EU citizen ship. (with the obvious exception of the 0.0005% of the population who may actually work outside of the UK and in one of the 27 member states of the EU)

Just asking.
      You can go to Spain without having to pay the £11.50 for a visa?!

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

and...

How much do you think the Spanish will like restrictions on something which provides 12% of their employment and 11% of their GDP?

https://www.ine.es/en/prensa/cst_2017_en.pdf

Comment

and...

How much do you think the Spanish will like restrictions on something which provides 12% of their employment and 11% of their GDP?

https://www.ine.es/en/prensa/cst_2017_en.pdf
          Do you think their entire tourism industry is Brian and Joan from Essex?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Do you think Brian and Joan from Essex are the only British tourists who visit Spain?

I doubt it's just those two that are propping up Spain's economy to the tune of €14Bn per year.
            Last edited by Zigenare; 11 February 2020, 14:33.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              Do you think Brian and Joan from Essex are the only British tourists who visit Spain?
              Of course not, that would be ridiculous, sometimes Terry goes too

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Well no of course not - approx 24% of tourists to Spain are from the UK (Tourism in Spain - Wikipedia)

Would you be happy to take a 25% pay cut?

For absolutely no reason?

Comment

Well no of course not - approx 24% of tourists to Spain are from the UK (Tourism in Spain - Wikipedia)

Would you be happy to take a 25% pay cut?

For absolutely no reason?
                  Maybe, just maybe, those 24% might be replaced by people from other countries who don't want to go there because of Brian and Joan (and sometimes Terry) from Essex but will once they no longer decide to go there...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Maybe, just maybe, those 24% might be replaced by people from other countries who don't want to go there because of Brian and Joan (and sometimes Terry) from Essex but will once they no longer decide to go there...
                    Well, you never know. <deity of the day> loves an optimist.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                    X