So Hard Brexit It Is! So Hard Brexit It Is! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 43
  1. #11

    King of updation

    TestMangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ardbeg, Isle Of Bute, Jock Land.
    Posts
    6,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    I never thought you'd get ruffled. You're a man who can dodge facts faster than anyone can launch them at you.

    With regard to Hard Brexit surely this is going to be really good for contracting. Surely every single large company is going to have to make loads of changes to their systems, and within tight timescales using ICT and fast track visas for 'the best brains in the world' at £26500 PA each. ?
    FTFY
    On Desolation Boulevard, they'd light the faded lights.....

  2. #12

    Double Godlike!

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    I never thought you'd get ruffled. You're a man who can dodge facts faster than anyone can launch them at you.

    With regard to Hard Brexit surely this is going to be really good for contracting. Surely every single large company is going to have to make loads of changes to their systems, and within tight timescales?
    Doesn't really bother me mainly because

    1) I no longer do contracting..
    2) Most of the business of the company I work for is UK based so not really any need for systems changes.

  3. #13

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    17,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Doesn't really bother me mainly because

    1) I no longer do contracting..
    2) Most of the business of the company I work for is UK based so not really any need for systems changes.
    Ah, you work for HMRC...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

  4. #14

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Cirrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Rural Rutland
    Posts
    1,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    Ah, you work for HMRC...
    I was thinking the Prison Service but unsure in what capacity...
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

  5. #15

    Super poster

    Whorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    3,685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    Says a person who seems to spend their entire time on this forum telling people to get a life while not posting anything of any value in the professional forums..,
    Better watch what you say there ... BR14 is a big strong chap. Upset him and he'll huff and puff and tell you how tall he is
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

  6. #16

    Double Godlike!

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    10,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    Better watch what you say there ... BR14 is a big strong chap. Upset him and he'll huff and puff and tell you how tall he is
    oh, look. bungalow bill's back.
    hey bill, what did you kill?
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

  7. #17

    Super poster

    Whorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    3,685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    oh, look. bungalow bill's back.
    hey bill, what did you kill?
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

  8. #18

    Double Godlike!

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    10,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

  9. #19

    I live on CUK

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    20,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    Same for you, you misery-ridden cockwomble.
    Maybe, but I'm not ignorant of the fact. Which is unlike boomers who voted for something they'll never live long enough to see the realised benefits they believe will result. This short term self interest that plagues the country really needs to end. We only hope the boomer generation don't cause too much damage on the way out.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

  10. #20

    Ducklike

    Platypus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the pub
    Posts
    9,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    I don't know why but you'll have seen he has come out and said there will be borders, there will be paperwork, there will be friction. All along they said we could have our cake and eat it. All we would need to do was frighten the EU into thinking we are all so barmy as Boris that we would happily pull the pin on our suicide vests. Well that little bed time story has stopped. We've moved on. We can't have EU access without conceding rule-making control to the EU. So we are now facing Hard Brexit. In fact he has become so emboldened as to say we won't have the systems in place until 2025.
    I assume it's a negotiating tactic. Is it starting to work already?

    Brexit: EU's von der Leyen seeks 'unique' trade deal with UK - BBC News

    I assume that most of this year's Brexit news will be horror stories about trade and friction, but as ever, I don't think we'll know anything concrete until 11pm on December 31st when they sign a deal.

    Nothing anyone can do to stop it or change it... I suggest not worrying

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •