• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So Hard Brexit It Is!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
    I never thought you'd get ruffled. You're a man who can dodge facts faster than anyone can launch them at you.

With regard to Hard Brexit surely this is going to be really good for contracting. Surely every single large company is going to have to make loads of changes to their systems, and within tight timescales using ICT and fast track visas for 'the best brains in the world' at £26500 PA each. ?
    FTFY
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I never thought you'd get ruffled. You're a man who can dodge facts faster than anyone can launch them at you.

With regard to Hard Brexit surely this is going to be really good for contracting. Surely every single large company is going to have to make loads of changes to their systems, and within tight timescales?
      Doesn't really bother me mainly because

1) I no longer do contracting..
      2) Most of the business of the company I work for is UK based so not really any need for systems changes.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Doesn't really bother me mainly because

1) I no longer do contracting..
        2) Most of the business of the company I work for is UK based so not really any need for systems changes.
        Ah, you work for HMRC...
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Ah, you work for HMRC...
          I was thinking the Prison Service but unsure in what capacity...
          "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Says a person who seems to spend their entire time on this forum telling people to get a life while not posting anything of any value in the professional forums..,
            Better watch what you say there ... BR14 is a big strong chap. Upset him and he'll huff and puff and tell you how tall he is
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              Better watch what you say there ... BR14 is a big strong chap. Upset him and he'll huff and puff and tell you how tall he is
              oh, look. bungalow bill's back.
              hey bill, what did you kill?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                oh, look. bungalow bill's back.
                hey bill, what did you kill?
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Same for you, you misery-ridden cockwomble.
                    Maybe, but I'm not ignorant of the fact. Which is unlike boomers who voted for something they'll never live long enough to see the realised benefits they believe will result. This short term self interest that plagues the country really needs to end. We only hope the boomer generation don't cause too much damage on the way out.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I don't know why but you'll have seen he has come out and said there will be borders, there will be paperwork, there will be friction. All along they said we could have our cake and eat it. All we would need to do was frighten the EU into thinking we are all so barmy as Boris that we would happily pull the pin on our suicide vests. Well that little bed time story has stopped. We've moved on. We can't have EU access without conceding rule-making control to the EU. So we are now facing Hard Brexit. In fact he has become so emboldened as to say we won't have the systems in place until 2025.
                      I assume it's a negotiating tactic. Is it starting to work already?

Brexit: EU's von der Leyen seeks 'unique' trade deal with UK - BBC News

I assume that most of this year's Brexit news will be horror stories about trade and friction, but as ever, I don't think we'll know anything concrete until 11pm on December 31st when they sign a deal.

Nothing anyone can do to stop it or change it... I suggest not worrying

Comment

Working...
                      X