• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So Hard Brexit It Is!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    I'm stock piling now - best to have 3 weeks of food in place if the coronavirus kicks off in the UK...
    You're a panda, so you're fooked before we even start on the humans...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      You're a panda, so you're fooked before we even start on the humans...
      Look I just need a lot of bamboo - best to get supplies in while I still can...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Snooky View Post
        If you eat a pallet full of baked beans you won't need a shotgun to keep people away
        Defence in depth, old chap.

Belt & braces.

You know it makes sense.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Look I just need a lot of bamboo - best to get supplies in while I still can...
          NLyUK needs plenty for her "gentle chastisement" business, so I'd get in quick if I were you.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
            From CityAM Monday: Sir Charlie Bean, former deputy governor of the Bank and one of Britain’s most respected economists, says ... Brexit is “small beer” compared to the UK productivity slowdown ….

SNIP
            Christ, keep that under your hat - you've seen how much excreta is lining the usual suspects collective pants already, imagine if you told them "Brexit is small beer, compared to this...." - they'd have a full-blown mental breakdown, much worse than their current meltdown(s)...
            Originally posted by Old Greg
            I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

He's barking up the wrong tree. Brexit is somewhat like the UK/USA productivity problem - it is causing slowly declining living standards for the majority of the population. You could question whether the hard Brexit we are now facing won't actually be more disruptive but that's not the big issue.

The big issue is 17 million people voted in a completely stupid way, contrary to all the evidence presented unambiguously to them. That ticking time bomb was always frightening. It still is, but of course it has already created a massive explosion - the equally stupid voting in of the Boris/Cummings Junta. Goodness know what damage that is going to cause. So Sir Charlie really needed to comment on how secondary Brexit effects compare to productivity stagnation.

As an aside: productivity stagnation has been shown to be caused by a severe drop in tangible investment (in the UK and USA) from somewhere around 2000. The only measures that will correct this are exactly contrary to the right-wing, low-tax, free-market, mantras traditionally spewed out by the Tories and particularly so with the current encumbents of 10 Downing Street.
              "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                He's barking up the wrong tree. Brexit is somewhat like the UK/USA productivity problem - it is causing slowly declining living standards for the majority of the population. You could question whether the hard Brexit we are now facing won't actually be more disruptive but that's not the big issue.

The big issue is 17 million people voted in a completely stupid way, contrary to all the evidence presented unambiguously to them. That ticking time bomb was always frightening. It still is, but of course it has already created a massive explosion - the equally stupid voting in of the Boris/Cummings Junta. Goodness know what damage that is going to cause. So Sir Charlie really needed to comment on how secondary Brexit effects compare to productivity stagnation.

As an aside: productivity stagnation has been shown to be caused by a severe drop in tangible investment (in the UK and USA) from somewhere around 2000. The only measures that will correct this are exactly contrary to the right-wing, low-tax, free-market, mantras traditionally spewed out by the Tories and particularly so with the current encumbents of 10 Downing Street.
                Voted in a stupid way IN YOUR OPINION.

EVERYONE voted in a stupid way in my opinion. There was not enough evidence presented to the public in a meaningful way. Brexiters were unfairly never warned that brown people aren't from eastern Europe and Remainers were never warned that they'd still be allowed to cross the channel after Brexit.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  EVERYONE voted in a stupid way in my opinion.
                  Briliant.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

There was not enough evidence presented to the public.
                    Well that's an interesting perspective. Sentient voters would know there was nothing particularly wrong with the EU relationship. They would have also realised that nobody, but nobody, was coming up with a single advantage in leaving. They would have guessed any trade opportunities with anyone anywhere had already been facilitated for decades. We wouldn't be able to find any better deals. And whatever had stopped us taking advantages, would continue to do so. So sentient people were not deflected by lack of evidence. In fact it only strengthened their understanding that this was just a gigantic con.

Presumably by your argument the Brexiteers didn't have that type of reasoning capability. They were confused by the lack of information so they took a random bet.

Don't you see the danger here?? You're in a car accident. They whisk you into the operating theatre. The surgeon unfortunately is a Brexiteer (Homo Brexitis). He doesn't quite know what's wrong so he goes "OK let's have his legs off!"

All I'm going to say is "Drive carefully..."
                    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Voted in a stupid way IN YOUR OPINION.

EVERYONE voted in a stupid way in my opinion. There was not enough evidence presented to the public in a meaningful way. Brexiters were unfairly never warned that brown people aren't from eastern Europe and Remainers were never warned that they'd still be allowed to cross the channel after Brexit.
                      I am fu$$!!g well experienced in crossing the English Channel and driving in Europe prior to the EU and the Common Market. I needed 2 x IDPs, a carnet for the car, a petrol book for Italy and Green Card Insurance.
                      When in the EU I can decide to get in the car and drive to Europe without restrictions and even get a job and work upon arrival. All that has now gone thanks to idiots like you
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X