So Hard Brexit It Is! So Hard Brexit It Is!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 43
  1. #1

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Cirrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Rural Rutland
    Posts
    1,237

    Default So Hard Brexit It Is!

    Most of the Borisexervative Government are liars and pathological idiots.

    An exception is Michael Gove. Yes he's a Nobel Prize liar but he does seem to understand what the truth might be and he can tell the truth as boldly and plainly as he tell lies.

    I don't know why but you'll have seen he has come out and said there will be borders, there will be paperwork, there will be friction. All along they said we could have our cake and eat it. All we would need to do was frighten the EU into thinking we are all so barmy as Boris that we would happily pull the pin on our suicide vests. Well that little bed time story has stopped. We've moved on. We can't have EU access without conceding rule-making control to the EU. So we are now facing Hard Brexit. In fact he has become so emboldened as to say we won't have the systems in place until 2025.

    It is surprising. Can you suggest why he has done this? It is however useful because everybody now has some idea of what they will be facing in a year or so.

    What do you think the impact will be?
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

  2. #2

    Double Godlike!

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    10,117

    Default

    WGAF?
    do you lot think wittering on on an internet forum will change anything?
    brexit? loan charge? IR35?

    FFS.
    get a life
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

  3. #3

    bored now

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    24,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    WGAF?
    do you lot think wittering on on an internet forum will change anything?
    brexit? loan charge? IR35?

    FFS.
    get a life
    Says a person who seems to spend their entire time on this forum telling people to get a life while not posting anything of any value in the professional forums..,
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  4. #4

    I live on CUK

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    20,548

    Default

    He's a product of the baby boomer generation. He knows now there's fewer years ahead thane those that lie behind. As with many of that generation, they're pragmatists at the end of the day. Once they were happy to gamble with the lives of future generations out of pure self interest, but now the practicality of that shameful action is becoming all too real. The future generations care less about themselves than their parents before them. Sure they'll still be self interest just not to the same degree as the boomers.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    He's a product of the baby boomer generation. He knows now there's fewer years ahead thane those that lie behind. As with many of that generation, they're pragmatists at the end of the day. Once they were happy to gamble with the lives of future generations out of pure self interest, but now the practicality of that shameful action is becoming all too real. The future generations care less about themselves than their parents before them. Sure they'll still be self interest just not to the same degree as the boomers.
    Dry your eyes mate.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

  6. #6

    Double Godlike!


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Work-life balance nirvana
    Posts
    10,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    He's a product of the baby boomer generation. He knows now there's fewer years ahead thane those that lie behind. As with many of that generation, they're pragmatists at the end of the day. Once they were happy to gamble with the lives of future generations out of pure self interest, but now the practicality of that shameful action is becoming all too real. The future generations care less about themselves than their parents before them. Sure they'll still be self interest just not to the same degree as the boomers.
    Same for you, you misery-ridden cockwomble.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

  7. #7

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Cirrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Rural Rutland
    Posts
    1,237

    Default Will they start hurling pews?

    So in short order we've got BR14, Wattaj and DealorNoDeal getting bad tempered.

    I wonder if this news is going to get up the noses of the Brexitidiots. You never know. If the vicar stood up and said "Well you know Jesus never existed. It was always a big con. Let's face it: the story was always just too ridiculous', well what might happen?
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

  8. #8

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    So in short order we've got BR14, Wattaj and DealorNoDeal getting bad tempered.

    I wonder if this news is going to get up the noses of the Brexitidiots. You never know. If the vicar stood up and said "Well you know Jesus never existed. It was always a big con. Let's face it: the story was always just too ridiculous', well what might happen?
    Not bad tempered. Just past caring.

  9. #9

    Double Godlike!

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    So in short order we've got BR14, Wattaj and DealorNoDeal getting bad tempered.

    I wonder if this news is going to get up the noses of the Brexitidiots. You never know. If the vicar stood up and said "Well you know Jesus never existed. It was always a big con. Let's face it: the story was always just too ridiculous', well what might happen?
    Still at least it's not me.


  10. #10

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Cirrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Rural Rutland
    Posts
    1,237

    Default Year 2000 All Over Again!

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Still at least it's not me.
    I never thought you'd get ruffled. You're a man who can dodge facts faster than anyone can launch them at you.

    With regard to Hard Brexit surely this is going to be really good for contracting. Surely every single large company is going to have to make loads of changes to their systems, and within tight timescales?
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •