• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    yes, what are they carrying?
    My bad, I don't seem to read my own posts properly either.

People will be carrying a worthless blue pice of paper in their pockets that will most likely prevent them to work in any other EU state, require private heath insurance to exist and a glovebox full of carnets and documents to drive across borders.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
      My bad, I don't seem to read my own posts properly either. Plus some bollocks about blue passports causing the demise of the NHS
      Didn't you hear? We're funding the NHS now instead of the EU. How could you miss that, it was on the side of a whacking great red bus ffs

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        Didn't you hear? We're funding the NHS now instead of the EU. How could you miss that, it was on the side of a whacking great red bus ffs
        Everything is intertwined. Without diverging from EU regulation private healthcare will not happen as EU might see it as more unregulated competitive environment. Or people will vote with their feet and go to another EU country for slightly less money but better weather and free healthcare. Not taking into account a potential £150-£300pcm insurance premium per person.

Comment

Hearing the 8% increase in membership fees went down well.....
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Hearing the 8% increase in membership fees went down well.....
            It is what it is. Never said brexit could not turn to be a success for the economy.
            Improved productivity, attracting businesses, wealth.

Question is if the benefits of a more productive economy would be passed on to the employees and everyone would prosper not only the select few.
            And if so how much harsher would it get and who will pull the burden in the economy?
            It will be an increased inbalance in the employee-employer relationship considering that people might loose some of the current rights, good private insurance deals will come through employment. Limited options to emigrate(for now).
            Increased competition from oversees workers, lets not forget current legislation is set by EU and creates significantly more friction then the proposed new framework.
            What will you be able to do when businesses take the same approach as with contractors and say: take it or leave it? You will die without health insurance, starve or have to eat bad food and have no option to leave the country? Where is that freedom?

Status quo and current freedoms in my opinion is the best you could get. And people won’t realise how good they’ve had it before it’s long gone.

So after being bent over so many times, by your own, why do you think all of a sudden, you’ll get it better?
            Last edited by GigiBronz; 25 February 2020, 00:19.

Comment

Working...
            X