• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

13 days since Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

FFS.
    Are you feeling left out?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

not a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        No, not racists, it’s the facist Dominic Cummings and his puppet government:
        Jamaica deportation: 'I feel I was punished twice when I was deported' - BBC News

Racism is “the will of the people”. You get what you vote for, sheeple.
        The Home Office said those detained included people convicted of manslaughter and rape, and all of them had their cases "fully reviewed" to ensure there were no legal barriers to their removal.

It said Mr Crawford was convicted 10 times for a total of 22 offences, including the burglary.
        I have a modicum of sympathy for the guy, as a career criminal in Jamaica he's going to find out what hard justice really means. Thankfully I wasn't one of his victims. But I do think I'm smart enough to know that if you commit serious crimes in a country of which you are not a citizen, chances are they are going to send you packing.
        Are you seriously suggesting we need to keep them here, and out on the streets (until they commit another crime, for which they will cost the taxpayer untold amounts of money) for some insane reason you may or may not wish to share?
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          I have a modicum of sympathy for the guy, as a career criminal in Jamaica he's going to find out what hard justice really means. Thankfully I wasn't one of his victims. But I do think I'm smart enough to know that if you commit serious crimes in a country of which you are not a citizen, chances are they are going to send you packing.
          Are you seriously suggesting we need to keep them here, and out on the streets (until they commit another crime, for which they will cost the taxpayer untold amounts of money) for some insane reason you may or may not wish to share?
          Didn't send Rolf Harris back (nor Johnson for that matter, remember he was still an American citizen when he admitted to drug taking)
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Didn't send Rolf Harris back (nor Johnson for that matter, remember he was still an American citizen when he admitted to drug taking)
            Is "drug taking" listed as a "Serious Drug Offence that warrants a custodial sentence of 12 months or more"?

Thought not.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              Is "drug taking" listed as a "Serious Drug Offence that warrants a custodial sentence of 12 months or more"?

Thought not.
              The maximum sentences for possession of each class of drug are:
              • up to seven years in prison or an unlimited fine (or both) for a Class A drug
              • up to five years in prison or an unlimited fine (or both) for a Class B drug
              • up to two years in prison or an unlimited fine (or both) for a Class C drug

Sentences can increase if you are dealing drugs or supplying them - even if it's just to friends with no money changing hands.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Agree about Harris, he should have been deported. Johnson wasn't convicted of anything. And I believe this law only covers serious crimes, Johnson wasn't a dealer (according to his version of events iirc).
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Thought not.
                  The maximum sentences for possession of each class of drug are:
                  • up to seven years in prison or an unlimited fine (or both) for a Class A drug
                  • up to five years in prison or an unlimited fine (or both) for a Class B drug
                  • up to two years in prison or an unlimited fine (or both) for a Class C drug

Sentences can increase if you are dealing drugs or supplying them - even if it's just to friends with no money changing hands.
                  So you haven't got an answer then?

Comment

So you haven't got an answer then?
                    Don't ask me a mountain of questions
                    When there is only one answer to it all
                    Do you love me, really love me as I love you
                    It's the answer to everything if you do

Don't give me a million excuses
                    When I am waiting with my arms open wide

If there is someone else, some other place who holds your heart
                    Tell me now, truthfully, before we start

Don't act like you misunderstand me
                    When there is simply no mystery to it all

Comment

Working...
                    X