• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Uk passport reduced to 3d world passport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well my passport has an extra 6 months on it, as it was issued back in the days where renewals got the months left on the old one added to the new one. That stopped being valid a long time ago so I have to remember that I need to renew by Feb, not Nov, next year.

TBF I'm doing a pretty good job of remembering that so far...

As long as I can get into/out of Singapore/Malaysia in June, all will be well. I won't be sending it off before then.

Comment

So I assume the same will apply to EU passport holders coming into the UK?

Or here's an idea - why not stop being absolute fooking idiots who are clearly desperately trying to make things 'difficult' because the UK had the temerity to leave the EU and just do something which works for everyone and does not add an additional cost for absolutely no benefit whatsoever.

I mean it really is not difficult to not act like a spoiled ten year olds who didn't get their own way.

FFS

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        So I assume the same will apply to EU passport holders coming into the UK?

Or here's an idea - why not stop being absolute fooking idiots who are clearly desperately trying to make things 'difficult' because the UK had the temerity to leave the EU and just do something which works for everyone and does not add an additional cost for absolutely no benefit whatsoever.

I mean it really is not difficult to not act like a spoiled ten year olds who didn't get their own way.

FFS

Relax man!

Knee jerk reactions don't help, if the EU are going out of their way to make things difficult then so be it, we can deal with it.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Brexit means Brexit. That's what you voted for. Remember?

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Or here's an idea - why not stop being absolute fooking idiots who are clearly desperately trying to make things 'difficult' because the UK had the temerity to leave the EU and therefore lose all the advantages of being inside the EU - every last one of them :
          FTFY
          "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
            FTFY
            Aww, still sulking?
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

But are they still blue?
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                FTFY
                You are not grasping this concept of making things better are you?

You are desperate to cling to the past and what that entails.

Look at it this way - what is the risk to the EU of people from the UK travelling to the EU with less than 6 months on their passport?

And for an extra bonus mark see if you can see what risk there is to the UK with people from the EU travelling to the UK with less than 6 months on their passport - for more bonus points ensure you reference the immigrant campus in Calais.

Comment

Brexiteer complains he has to wait in queue at EU airport: ‘This isn’t the Brexit I voted for’ | The Independent

Comment

However, it is unlikely that current delays have been caused by Brexit as the UK is currently in a transition period with the EU during which travel arrangements will not change until January 2021.

Also apparently this could be a parody twitter account!

I mean why not just go back to the days when it said UK and EU passports above the customs channel you could go through.

All it takes is 5 extra letters and then we are sorted - I mean it said this above the customs channels for an awful long time after we joined the EU and got EU passports - it's almost like the ze Germans are trying to take over by stealth by removing those 5 letters and not telling anyone.

Comment

Frances Coppola, a finance journalist for Forbes and the Financial Times, said airports such as Schiphol appeared to have “jumped the gun” by directing British passport holders to non-EU gates
                      Naughty Dutchies.

(Cool name for a journalist though.)
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X