• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Make Britain great again, let's cull the BBC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    So, you're implying that Laura Kuensberg, for example, votes Labour ? F**k off....
    If you think LK is a Conservative voter, I won't argue. There are always exceptions.

Personally, I use the BBC very little. I used to watch This Week, until it was cancelled (some would say because Portillo and Neil are seen as Conservative voters, QED), but little else except for Wimbledon/Snooker.
    Last edited by unixman; 17 February 2020, 17:07.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      Ah, yes. There's a longer list, I was just citing a few examples.
      Indeed, the fake moon landings for example.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
        If you think LK is a Conservative voter, I won't argue. There are always exceptions.

Personally, I use the BBC very little. I used to watch This Week, until it was cancelled (some would say because Portillo and Neil are seen as Conservative voters, QED), but little else except for Wimbledon/Snooker.
        So, you made an assertion about the political bias of the BBC and got it completely wrong, based on .....zero knowledge. You'll fit into this forum perfectly.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

@darmstadt TL; DR. The problem is less to do with people on-screen, but more with the legions of managers, editors and commissioning editors who actually decide program content and what gets broadcast.

The Beeb is trapped, unfortunately. With their longstanding enthusiasm for progressive, left-leaning politics, their determination populate every program with it, and their commitment to hiring only the like-minded, they just don't have the people to acknowledge the problem, let alone tackle it.

For the record I want to keep the license in its current form.

Comment

Where do you get this nonsense from? Ask yourself: where?

Originally posted by unixman View Post
            The Beeb is trapped, unfortunately. With their longstanding enthusiasm for progressive, left-leaning politics, their determination populate every program with it, and their commitment to hiring only the like-minded, they just don't have the people to acknowledge the problem, let alone tackle it..
            This is just utter tripe.

It's just drivel. You have absolutely no grounds for making these apparently factual remarks.

You are an ignoramus. Can't you ask your friends for an honest opinion of the ridiculous bollox you come out with?
            "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              So, you made an assertion about the political bias of the BBC and got it completely wrong, based on .....zero knowledge. You'll fit into this forum perfectly.
              Granted. "I use the BBC very little" wasn't quite correct, and I was too late to edit it. Like others, I watched the BBC a great deal at one time. Then steadily reduced as it became less rewarding. I still watch older programs, made by the BBC when it was less PC. For example George Gently, now broadcast on another channel. Far from feeling dated, these ancient dramas seem refreshingly open minded, and it doesn't feel like the program maker is shoving a political view down your mouth. I also get my news from BBC Twitter, follow many other BBC accounts on that platform, and listen to BBC in the car. A bit.

I have been a Radio 4 listener for 40 years and still have two radios permanently tuned to the station. Radio 4 has seen me through some very tough times in life. I tune in several times a day still, hoping for improvement, but usually switching off a couple of minutes later when it starts on some PC hobby horse. R4 is like an old friend who has become a large, self-regarding bore. Sad.

As stated, I am in favour of keeping the license fee unchanged.

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post

It's just drivel. You have absolutely no grounds for making these apparently factual remarks.

You are an ignoramus. Can't you ask your friends for an honest opinion of the ridiculous bollox you come out with?
                Put your head in a bucket of wee, troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post

No it isn't. Anyone who's worked there will confirm that the BBC is full of lefties. They may mean well, but if you're not a fully paid-up member of the Righteous Party, you'd do very well to keep your gob shut. It's easily done, just pick up one of the numerous copies of the Graun they leave on every communal coffee table, and carry it with you like a shield...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I watch bbc breakfast and the odd quality series they make like killing eve.

Quite happy to not pay for the rest. So subscription sounds like a great idea. Whats the big deal?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                      I watch bbc breakfast and the odd quality series they make like killing eve.

Quite happy to not pay for the rest. So subscription sounds like a great idea. Whats the big deal?
                      Indeed top plan

I watch zero on BBC (used to watch top gear and dr who, but both are tulipe now so don’t)

Let people subscribe like I do for Netflix and prime

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X