• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No visas for unskilled workers after Brexit!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No visas for unskilled workers after Brexit!

“ Under the plan, the definition of skilled workers would be expanded to include those educated to A-level/Scottish Highers-equivalent standard, not just graduate level, as is currently the case.
    Waiting tables and certain types of agricultural worker would be removed from the new skilled category, but new additions would include carpentry, plastering and childminding.”

Immigration: No visas for low-skilled workers, government says - BBC News

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    “ Under the plan, the definition of skilled workers would be expanded to include those educated to A-level/Scottish Highers-equivalent standard, not just graduate level, as is currently the case.
    Waiting tables and certain types of agricultural worker would be removed from the new skilled category, but new additions would include carpentry, plastering and childminding.”

Immigration: No visas for low-skilled workers, government says - BBC News

In summary:
    Immigrants can come here if they are low skilled, and high skilled ones can come in for lower wages than before.

How did we survive before we took back all this control?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

At least it will keep the jockos out when they get independence

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        In summary:
        Immigrants can come here if they are low skilled, and high skilled ones can come in for lower wages than before.

How did we survive before we took back all this control?
        As I commented elsewhere earlier today the new maximum wage for IT workers is £25,600...

Were I to have the time I would be creating a Maximumwage.uk site..
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          As I commented elsewhere earlier today the new maximum wage for IT workers is £25,600...

Were I to have the time I would be creating a Maximumwage.uk site..
          Are you suggesting that most IT workers are unskilled?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Ya all missing the main point of the reform - it will be all like them Australian points based system, happy now?

Comment

No just that if the Indian wage is less than £25,600 I can bring them over here under the skilled worker criteria and pay them £25,600.

I could also replace a worker earning more than £25,600 with these people...
              Last edited by eek; 19 February 2020, 11:06.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                No just that if the Indian wage is less than £25,600 I can bring them over here under the skilled worker criteria and pay them £25,600.

I could also replace a worker earning more than £25,600 with these people...
                Indeed - in much the same way as you can replace your experienced account with someone fresh out of college and pay them less money......

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Indeed - in much the same way as you can replace your experienced account with someone fresh out of college and pay them less money......
                  In this case I'm also removing training costs and getting someone who is more skilled..

Comment

The evidence suggests that this is the case for the workers of TechM, TCS, ...
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X