• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No visas for unskilled workers after Brexit!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    In this case I'm also removing training costs and getting someone who is more skilled..
    Probably not - you have someone whose CV may say they are more skilled but in reality you are not getting that.

Do not really think this will change huge amounts - there have always been companies who are willing to pay peanuts, get monkeys and then complain about it - then you have companies that actually know what they are doing.

But we shall see!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Probably not - you have someone whose CV may say they are more skilled but in reality you are not getting that.

Do not really think this will change huge amounts - there have always been companies who are willing to pay peanuts, get monkeys and then complain about it - then you have companies that actually know what they are doing.

But we shall see!

Well, if enough immigrants come here, there's bound to be a few good/skilled ones.

But will there be more good immigrants than there will be terrorists?

We shall see.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Surely they'll all be exceptionally skilled at doing the needful doings with 10 years experience of something that was released last year.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

If certain immigrant workers are viewed with such admiration for their skills etc., why does anyone keep any IT workers onshore, when they could offshore it all now?
          Originally posted by Old Greg
          I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
          ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
            If certain immigrant workers are viewed with such admiration for their skills etc., why does anyone keep any IT workers onshore, when they could offshore it all now?
            You want them on site - off shore they could be doing work for other clients that's a lot harder to do when you can see their screens,
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              The evidence suggests that this is the case for the workers of TechM, TCS, ...
              you are deluded if you think the removing of the cap and lowering the salary requirement in these new immigration rules will do anything but
              • result in an absolutely huge influx of overseas IT workers.
              • put a limit on how much companies will pay for UK IT permanent roles
              • remove the need for a flexible uk workforce i.e. contractors

the end.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
                you are deluded if you think the removing of the cap and lowering the salary requirement in these new immigration rules will do anything but
                • result in an absolutely huge influx of overseas IT workers.
                • put a limit on how much companies will pay for UK IT permanent roles
                • remove the need for a flexible uk workforce i.e. contractors

the end.
                They could pretty much do this now.

So no it won't result in that in the vast majority of cases as I said earlier those that think they can pay peanuts and get anything but monkeys will do the most complaining.

Everyone else who knows the true value of qualify will spend the money to get the decent people.

Comment

So no it won't result in that in the vast majority of cases as I said earlier those that think they can pay peanuts and get anything but monkeys will do the most complaining.

Everyone else who knows the true value of qualify will spend the money to get the decent people.
                  Quality? You can't even spell the word!
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

would you care to quantify that?

Comment

Zzzzzz snoooze fest thread now

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X