• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Keep music British!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    don't feckin misquote me, tosspot.
    Nah, just pointing out facts
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Nah, just pointing out facts
      i said rammstein are krap.
      you posted some sh1te about a feckin pencilnecked pop singer.
      what facts?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Tatu
        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          i said rammstein are krap.
          you posted some sh1te about a feckin pencilnecked pop singer.
          what facts?
          You posted this and in keeping with most of your posts, means absolute bollocks:

Originally posted by Grumpy Red Faced Person From North Of The Border Who Is Unable To Keep Out Of A Forum He Denigrates So Much
          word.

rammstein.

pish
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

You posted this and in keeping with most of your posts, means absolute bollocks:
            so don't read them then, ersatz erik.

Comment

Yeah so I guess EU bands can now tour 27 countries instead of 28 unless they have to pay.

and UK bands can tour as they used to - apart from to the 27 countries in the EU.

Well we all knew Brexit was going to have a downside...

No more Tatu

Although to be honest I'm happy with just the vid

What has a Russian band to do with the EU or Britain for that matter? They always needed (and hopefully Russians will always need) visa for both Schengen and the UK
              Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
                What has a Russian band to do with the EU or Britain for that matter? They always needed (and hopefully Russians will always need) visa for both Schengen and the UK
                Indeed.

but skip to about 2.20 on the video...

Comment

Indeed.

but skip to about 2.20 on the video...

You get your kicks from watching young Russian girls, surely there are some good homegrown ones for you to do that to, possibly

Comment

You get your kicks from watching young Russian girls, surely there are some good homegrown ones for you to do that to, possibly
                    So you checked it out then?

Comment

For EU musicians coming to the UK there will also (probably) be more paperwork, for example:

- Apply for a visa £244 for each member.
                      - Provide proof, 90 days before applying, that they have £1,000 in savings unless they are 'A-rated'.
                      - Provide a certificate of sponsorship from an event organiser
                      So in addition to having some savings;
                      a 2 person group has to sell 50 tickets @ £10 each (and much lower with higher seat numbers)
                      a 4 person group has to sell 50 tickets @ £15 each ( " " )

and THAT assumes that the dolts only come over for 1 gig, which would be bloody ludicrous, given they would have to pay for a visa... would you go to Aus/NZ/SA for 1 gig? - the same logic applies to UK after Brexit, IF prices are as stated.

Does the EU allow for deductions of taxes, for these visa expenses in other countries?

If they have a manager, isn't he supposed to arrange and pay for all of this stuff, with him reclaiming off them at the end?

Don't we have enough buskers in the UK already?
                      Originally posted by Old Greg
                      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
                      X