• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brace yourselves for the Spam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
    Sure, but technologies to be able to process large amounts of data, derive information from it, large easily available clusters have only taken ground recently.
    It is indeed the product of my deranged mind but I think you'd be very wrong to think that those things don't happen and no protection at all would be better than even the lightest framework that we can built upon.
    Really?

GCHQ and the NSA have been doing that kind of tulip for decades.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
      Sure, but technologies to be able to process large amounts of data, derive information from it, large easily available clusters have only taken ground recently.
      It is indeed the product of my deranged mind but I think you'd be very wrong to think that those things don't happen and no protection at all would be better than even the lightest framework that we can built upon.
      Are you aware, that your Bank, eBay, Amazon, etc. all do this with your explicit permission, as per their T&Cs? i.e. profile your spending habits, to target you better...

I think you'd be very wrong to think that you can do anything remotely useful to stop it, except not using the services of those companies, but not using a bank will be especially tricky for most, who want the convenience of having wages paid to them etc.

Hey ho, enjoy yourself
      Originally posted by Old Greg
      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
      X