• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU merely the continuation of Hitler's plans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even when you make the facts very small, there's still not enough room in vetran's head to contain them. .

My grans were born in 1908 and 1912 respectively. They both served in WW2. Not much time for teddys. I don't exactly what they did - but I do know that a few of one of my grans' cousins were SOE agents in occupied France.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      actually their 'citizens' have killed 10 times as many as the government did:

Statistical breakdown of deaths in the Troubles of Northern Ireland 1969 – 2001 | Belfast Child

I suppose we should have just rounded them up and exterminated them?
      So when terrorists kill innocent people, it's ok for a government to open fire on its own citizen on a protest march and kill 14 of them?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        Germany was involved in 5 wars/conflicts since WW2 all under UN/NATO umbrella
        Uk was involved in around 30, including civil war in NI, killing their own citizen and many of them not under UN/NATO umbrella

Which country is more peaceful I wonder
        How many Muslim men and Boys have we loaded onto trucks and sent to their deaths?

I'd be checking out my own back yard little dutch boy!
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          How many Muslim men and Boys have we loaded onto trucks and sent to their deaths?

I'd be checking out my own back yard little dutch boy!
          KUATB

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            When you say the "Americans saved us", they sold/loaned us troops, equipment and supplies. The initial US involvement in WWII was not about them wanting to "save an ally" it was a financial transaction.
            Very nearly bankrupted us, in fact. We only finished paying them off a few years ago. The hidden payment was giving up all of our existing colonies, which you may or may not see as a good consequence. Meanwhile, Germany was rebuilt by US funds (as was Japan) with no repayment conditions. It would be an interesting exercise to compare how much better off financially the UK would have been if we'd lost the war. We'd be speaking German, obviously, but we'd be driving the same German cars, and using the same German household consumer products. We'd still have the same Royal Family, for fairly obvious reasons, but some interesting questions arise. As in, did we really win the war?
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              KUATB
              One of the marching off to die shouts?
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Germany was rebuilt by US funds (as was Japan) with no repayment conditions.
                It was also a loan. The Marshall plan was a mixture of grants and loans. The Germans initially received only loans, but the US relented and in the end they got the same conditions as the UK and France.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  60 million Indians died of starvation under British rule whilst the UK was exporting wheat from India to the UK.

yeah and your proof is where?

you nobrainers do make tulip up!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    yeah and your proof is where?

you nobrainers do make tulip up!
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      It was also a loan. The Marshall plan was a mixture of grants and loans. The Germans initially received only loans, but the US relented and in the end they got the same conditions as the UK and France.
                      A loan which was neither enforced nor fully repaid. The only country which fully repaid US loans (under the Marshall Plan) dating back to WWII was the UK. Germany had a massive reduction granted in the 1950's because the US didn't want to tip them back to where they were in the 1920's, following WWI, which spawned the Nazis. You probably need to read up on AJP Taylor at this point, but I'd caution you, it's mostly as dull as dishwater.
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X