• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit and Covid19

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit and Covid19

Plausible.
    Time will tell.
    At least brexiteers will have a scapegoat for the chaos.

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Got a friend who is a Virologists who advises the government, basically we are fecked 1-2 million people will die from coronavirus in the UK in the next 2 years (2% death rate), government knows this but all hush hush, will peak on all known simulations at Xmas this yeAr

No one will be commuting after April (without face masks) with widespread working from home for several months - projects cancelled contractors laid off - food shortages, stock markets crashed

I told her bollocks, but she said you need to get it now and survive otherwise the future strains will have a higher mortally rate

Happy days

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    Yay we can hold a new referendum after this when all the gammon faces are gone and rejoin the EU

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      Yay we can hold a new referendum after this when all the gammon faces are gone and rejoin the EU
      we??
      you're still in the EU.
      you're not leaving the EU.
      i wish you'd leave CUK though, you pillock.
      Last edited by BR14; 16 February 2020, 20:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        1 to 2 million dead is not the problem for society, it's the 5 to 10 million overwhelming A&E departments, needing high acuity treatment and care.
        Problem for brexit voters as most will be over 60 leaving a population wondering why

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Blame it on Brexit, it seems to be the Shibbolet for everything else?
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            Where do you get "we" from you cheese-eating muppet?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Right. Now I've got the lot of you on a single thread, I can ban you all for Brex-tullipping in the General forum. If the virus doesn't get me... *hack* .................................................. ............................................
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Right. Now I've got the lot of you on a single thread, I can ban you all for Brex-tullipping in the General forum. If the virus doesn't get me... *hack* .................................................. ............................................
                My money is on the virus.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                X