• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No 10 refuse to sign up to EU-wide pandemic warning system

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    You lost get over it
    You won. Get over it.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      As you walk in, tell them you voted "remain".
      Always would

I'm not ashamed how I voted. And yet, I rarely meet anyone who admits to voting out unless they have the anonymity of a forum like this.
      Last edited by Whorty; 2 March 2020, 15:53.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by zerosum View Post
        Right. The EU-wide pandemic warning system is the reason why one member state was particularly afflicted, and opposing it on ideological grounds is all to the good.
        The point I was making was that the horse has bolted. By the time they have translated whatever guff they think everyone else should be doing into twenty different languages, the horse will be halfway to the moon. The only country taking swift and decisive action is Switzerland. And they're not in the EU. Go figure.
        Bottom line, the EWRS didn't work, because the first we heard of a virus hot-spot in Italy was on Sky News, not because some under-worked person in Brussels, who only has one job to do, once every decade or so, failed.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          The point I was making was that the horse has bolted. By the time they have translated whatever guff they think everyone else should be doing into twenty different languages, the horse will be halfway to the moon. The only country taking swift and decisive action is Switzerland. And they're not in the EU. Go figure.
          Bottom line, the EWRS didn't work, because the first we heard of a virus hot-spot in Italy was on Sky News, not because some under-worked person in Brussels, who only has one job to do, once every decade or so, failed.
          That's all extremely debatable, but it's a redundant analysis anyway; no 10 is not refusing to sign up because of some critique of the system, but because it breaches red lines. Anything vaguely connected with Euro is banned, as the gammonate clamour for their daily portion of red meat.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Who cares about a pandemic? It only affects pandas....
            There could be pandamonium though

Comment

Dept of Health wanted U.K. to pitch to remain part of EU pandemic ‘EWRS’ early warning system after #brexit - but Number Ten said “no” to preserve ‘red lines’.

https://twitter.com/pmdfoster/status...530656768?s=21

The asinine stupidity of it isn’t even shocking any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
              Ummm given this started in China wouldn't being part of a 'Worldwide' Pandemic warning system be better....

If only there was some sort of World Health Organisation....

Oh hang on a second ..

wait a minute

I mean this came out at the end of January

Comment

That's all extremely debatable, but it's a redundant analysis anyway; no 10 is not refusing to sign up because of some critique of the system, but because it breaches red lines. Anything vaguely connected with Euro is banned, as the gammonate clamour for their daily portion of red meat.
                No 10 is refusing to sign up because it's a pile of wank. Period. It didn't work before, it won't work in the future, and it will always be a pile of wank. It's a bit like paying for insurance against being abducted by aliens. You can buy it if you want, but everyone will think you're an absolute arse.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Ummm given this started in China wouldn't being part of a 'Worldwide' Pandemic warning system be better....

If only there was some sort of World Health Organisation....

Oh hang on a second ..

wait a minute

I mean this came out at the end of January

You are so gullible. Go on, try to find the same document on the WHO site and not just some gammon magnet fake site

Glad to see Mordac and Platypus liked the post ... seems you're not the only gullible idiot at least
                  Last edited by Whorty; 3 March 2020, 22:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    No 10 is refusing to sign up because it's a pile of wank. Period. It didn't work before, it won't work in the future, and it will always be a pile of wank. It's a bit like paying for insurance against being abducted by aliens. You can buy it if you want, but everyone will think you're an absolute arse.
                    Everyone thinks you're an absolute arse anyway, so just go with the flow fella

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      Everyone thinks you're an absolute arse anyway, so just go with the flow fella
                      You think I'm an arse. You may think you speak for everyone, but let's face it mate, you don't. I admire your ambition though. Crack on, you'll get somewhere someday...

Comment

Working...
                      X