• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bristol post exposes gammons

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Well this is where it all begins isn't it.

There is 1 truth which is being fed to the masses and anyone questioning that is a heretic and must be silenced.

It's happened before if I recall

Night of the Long Knives - Wikipedia

16 year old girl uses scientific facts to tell the world she is worried about climate change
    60 year old gammons go to the internet and start hate campaign

Now who is using long knives?
    Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
      16 year old girl uses scientific facts to tell the world she is worried about climate change
      60 year old gammons go to the internet and start hate campaign

Now who is using long knives?
      No one has said they do not agree that climate change is real - in fact many people are already doing many things to try and reduce the carbon footprint.

There is no hate campaign against Greta - but there is an adult and realistic view that getting pupils in Bristol to 'go on strike' and block the city centre does not really add any value to the whole discussion.

Comment

No one has said they do not agree that climate change is real - in fact many people are already doing many things to try and reduce the carbon footprint.

There is no hate campaign against Greta - but there is an adult and realistic view that getting pupils in Bristol to 'go on strike' and block the city centre does not really add any value to the whole discussion.
        And further to that, noticing that every day China and India are adding greenhouse gases at a rate equivalent to the UK's total annual output and even MB might get a glimmering of an idea that Greta's outpourings are somewhat misdirected. When she does the Bristol thing in Tiananmen Square, then we may be getting somewhere.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Yeah... not all of the "facts" are correct, nor are the conclusions she draws.

But I guess that makes me a 60 year old triggered gammon.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

...but there is an adult and realistic view that getting pupils in Bristol to 'go on strike' and block the city centre does not really add any value to the whole discussion.
            Especially with covid-19 doing the rounds. Of course younger people are less affected.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              But I guess that makes me a 60 year old triggered gammon.
              Or a Christian who believes a 2000 year old story book is fact
              Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Or a Christian who believes a 2000 year old story book is fact
                2500-1800 year old book, possibly older in parts, which even the most ardent fundamentalist believes to be only 1/3 factual. The other 2/3s comprising poetry, letters and other kinds of writing. You can't even get your facts right when trying to be insulting.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  2500-1800 year old book, possibly older in parts, which even the most ardent fundamentalist believes to be only 1/3 factual. The other 2/3s comprising poetry, letters and other kinds of writing. You can't even get your facts right when trying to be insulting.
                  Even if you believe only 1/3 is factual you must be totally crazy. I take it you believe in the virgin birth or as a rational person would say the whore Mary phucked around and got preggers and the idiot Joe believed her story.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    Even if you believe only 1/3 is factual you must be totally crazy. I take it you believe in the virgin birth or as a rational person would say the whore Mary phucked around and got preggers and the idiot Joe believed her story.
                    Indeed - and then three dudes show up with presents at the birth....

I am sure I have seen that movie...

Comment

Indeed - and then three dudes show up with presents at the birth....

I am sure I have seen that movie...

One in a plane, one in a train and one in an automobile
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X