• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK professional qualifications not recognised in the EU?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK professional qualifications not recognised in the EU?

Anyone else getting this? Got an agent now suggesting my UK degrees would not be recognised by a EU based client And that only EU based universities are omitted from the requirement.

Is this a random agent BS? First I've heard of it, and a worry if so. I've heard this plenty from US colleagues coming over to Germany having to retrain, but never coming from the UK.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Anyone else getting this? Got an agent now suggesting my UK degrees would not be recognised by a EU based client And that only EU based universities are omitted from the requirement.

Is this a random agent BS? First I've heard of it, and a worry if so. I've heard this plenty from US colleagues coming over to Germany having to retrain, but never coming from the UK.
    Much more likely to be something specific to you personally. Word has probably leaked out about what a gormless trumpet you really are.

hth

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

We won get over it

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Always has been like that in Germany, check with the ZAB...
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Much more likely to be something specific to you personally. Word has probably leaked out about what a gormless trumpet you really are.

hth

The joke will be on you when he's back in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Forget what I said about Scottish independence, I think it's a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Nah....he'll never get enough points on the admission checker. Maybe he could get sponsored by some venture capitalist start-up desperate for traffic cones.
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Do EU clients insist on degree qualifications for IT contract roles? If so, it turns out I haven't lost out on 'freedom of movement' after all. Technical qualifications are universal (my MS ones are, anyway). Or is this random Scooty BS?
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  Do EU clients insist on degree qualifications for IT contract roles? If so, it turns out I haven't lost out on 'freedom of movement' after all. Technical qualifications are universal (my MS ones are, anyway). Or is this random Scooty BS?
                  Scootie has a plan.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    Scootie has a plan.
                    And just like that, he's got himself a Desmond in Computer Science from Nuremburg Poly. Where's Beansey when we really need him...?
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X