• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flybe, John Lewis...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flybe, John Lewis...

Gammons, who do you have in your sights next on this fire sale of yours?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Gammons, who do you have in your sights next on this fire sale of yours?
    Cineworld Group Plc.

--- Edit ---
    Ah, you mean the Brexit firesale. Ok, sorry...
    --- Edit ---
    Last edited by wattaj; 5 March 2020, 11:54.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

You don't think maybe John Lewis is just a victim of the the online shopping revolution?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        You don't think maybe John Lewis is just a victim of the the online shopping revolution?
        John Lewis loses out from profiting at times.

I bought Mrs Eek a new Food Mixer last year - top of the range Kenwood £350 or so from memory.

Two days later walking through John Lewis I checked the price there £675 - as no one had offers on anymore so the price has been lifted back to the won't sell but set price for discount price.

Once you've seen that a few times you stop trusting them on prices.

Still get some clothes from there as John Lewis's quality hasn't been cut the way M&S's has.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

John Lewis customer service now rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Absolutely not. In fact the more and more I've used Amazon over the years the more I realise it is a massive distributer of tat.

JL is a victim of low interest on savings, assets bubbles galore, abysmal central bank policies, a government rewarding the rich punishing the poor, awful public transport, soaring costs - is it any wonder people are belt tightening and not spending?

Last I was in Edinburgh, I visited JL, tried on some tops and trousers, paid up.. then went to the roof top restaurant (Amazon can you do that?) and had me a cream tea with views of the city.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              John Lewis customer service now crapita.
              FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                FTFY
                Ironically their CEO is called Jon Lewis.

Edit: Didn't they bin Crapita (for living up to their name) some years ago?
                Last edited by Mordac; 5 March 2020, 14:49.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Absolutely not. In fact the more and more I've used Amazon over the years the more I realise it is a massive distributer of tat.

JL is a victim of low interest on savings, assets bubbles galore, abysmal central bank policies, a government rewarding the rich punishing the poor, awful public transport, soaring costs - is it any wonder people are belt tightening and not spending?

Last I was in Edinburgh, I visited JL, tried on some tops and trousers, paid up.. then went to the roof top restaurant (Amazon can you do that?) and had me a cream tea with views of the city.
                  The most important question being, jam first or cream first?
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I don't see any news on John Lewis, only Flybe?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X