Blue Passports are finally here! Huzzah! Blue Passports are finally here! Huzzah! - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Posts 51 to 54 of 54

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    Where did facts come into it? You posted some gibberish about buying British vacuum cleaners. And as for your 'Brexiteers hate British business' comment, well, we'll just leave that one in the bin, shall we?
    You were the one who brought up vacuums, claiming that they were underpowered because of the EU, or some such twaddle.
    Moderation means Moderation
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Get Moderation Done - Unleash Moderator Potential

Godlike

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    You were the one who brought up vacuums, claiming that they were underpowered because of the EU, or some such twaddle.
    Oh, you mean the EU regulation limiting the power consumption on household appliances and lightbulbs. I hope that's the first to bite the dust. If that means I hate British business, good luck with that - it's Phillips who've been the main beneficiary as far as I can see. Their dimmable LED lights are about £6 a pop instead of £1.99 for 3 of the traditional variety. When you've got dozens of the bastard things (remember when those embedded ceiling lights used to be cool?) and most last a few months at best, it gets expensive.
    I need to know what's lacking in your life that you need someone else to legislate as to what you can 'plug in' in your own house?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    I need to know what's lacking in your life that you need someone else to legislate as to what you can 'plug in' in your own house?
    My wife doesn’t need a 2kW “massage device”. She’s got me.

Actually, your wife doesn’t need one either when I’m around...
    Moderation means Moderation
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Get Moderation Done - Unleash Moderator Potential

Godlike

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    My wife doesn’t need a 2kW “massage device”. She’s got me.

Actually, your wife doesn’t need one either when I’m around...
    How do you manage 2kW output? And surely there'd be some bruising...?

I'm curious (but not in that way) and so is my wife (possibly not in that way)...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...