• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blue Passports are finally here! Huzzah!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Where did facts come into it? You posted some gibberish about buying British vacuum cleaners. And as for your 'Brexiteers hate British business' comment, well, we'll just leave that one in the bin, shall we?
    You were the one who brought up vacuums, claiming that they were underpowered because of the EU, or some such twaddle.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      You were the one who brought up vacuums, claiming that they were underpowered because of the EU, or some such twaddle.
      Oh, you mean the EU regulation limiting the power consumption on household appliances and lightbulbs. I hope that's the first to bite the dust. If that means I hate British business, good luck with that - it's Phillips who've been the main beneficiary as far as I can see. Their dimmable LED lights are about £6 a pop instead of £1.99 for 3 of the traditional variety. When you've got dozens of the bastard things (remember when those embedded ceiling lights used to be cool?) and most last a few months at best, it gets expensive.
      I need to know what's lacking in your life that you need someone else to legislate as to what you can 'plug in' in your own house?
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        I need to know what's lacking in your life that you need someone else to legislate as to what you can 'plug in' in your own house?
        My wife doesn’t need a 2kW “massage device”. She’s got me.

Actually, your wife doesn’t need one either when I’m around...
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          My wife doesn’t need a 2kW “massage device”. She’s got me.

Actually, your wife doesn’t need one either when I’m around...
          How do you manage 2kW output? And surely there'd be some bruising...?

I'm curious (but not in that way) and so is my wife (possibly not in that way)...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I've just received my new passport. Turnaround was really quick. I filled in the form online on 30 November and received it today. That includes them waiting for me to send my old passport back.

I'd say it looks smart. The dark blue looks almost black.

I really like the identification page. It's far more robust than the old one as it's fully plastic rather than coated paper.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I've just received my new passport. Turnaround was really quick. I filled in the form online on 30 November and received it today. That includes them waiting for me to send my old passport back.

I'd say it looks smart. The dark blue looks almost black.

I really like the identification page. It's far more robust than the old one as it's fully plastic rather than coated paper.
              Quality French productions standards at their best
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Quality French productions standards at their best
                I don't give a monkey's who prints the damn thing

Comment

Some very odd people in this dark and sinister corner of CUK.
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Like my German - EU one then...
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Like my Dutch one already for 15 years

Comment

Working...
                      X