• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Further benefit of leaving

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bean View Post
    The EU army was touted as an example of this by brexiteers for years, was denied to the hilt by EU fanatics and now the view from the EU and their flock, is that it’s obvious they need one - why the big drama...it’s no biggy...
    We already have an EU army ... its called NATO, its just that this also currently includes the US and Canada. Why are you so scared of the EU/Europe? Did it touch you in a naughty place as a child?
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      We already have an EU army ... its called NATO, its just that this also currently includes the US and Canada. Why are you so scared of the EU/Europe? Did it touch you in a naughty place as a child?
      The EU isn't Europe. Can we just nip this in the bud?
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        The EU isn't Europe.
        I know that; most brexiters don't.

Same question. Why are quitters so scared of EU/Europe?
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Brexit is your religion. JRM, Farage and their pals the preachers.
          Where do you get that idea from? We share the same view that leaving the EU is absolutely the right thing to do, but plenty of nutcases also share that view - doesn't mean I lap up everything they say. I disagree with many of them about many aspects of Brexit. Actually leaving was the most important aspect though. You've got religion on the brain, I'm sure you can get help from somewhere, but it won't be from me, I'm afraid.

Most remainers are open minded

Thanks for that, Man Utd just nuked my acca, I needed cheering up.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I know that; most brexiters don't.

Same question. Why are quitters so scared of EU/Europe?
            Is that true or did you hear it on the BBC News?
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

NATO doesn't include Ireland, Austria and Sweden, so it isn't an EU army (thank <Deity of choice>).
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

How about you address the salient fact in post - scope creep, the suggestion of an EU army was ridiculed till kingdom come by EU fanatics and then magically it was 'obvious' that one was needed.

If it was so obvious, why did the EU and their supporters not make their true feelings known many years ago, instead of ridiculing people suggesting it would happen (who have now been proven correct)?

NATO including the US is the biggest positive, for being a member. It is a global force, with the greatest combined military might outside of China (I think)

An EU army would, I suppose, be mainly deployed to protect the Schengen border outer perimeter - but what other uses do you expect EU taxpayers to receive from this wonderful EU army?

Please though, continue with your vacuous posts lacking substance, it's not like anyone expects different from you nowadays...

PS. Nobody is scared of the EU, it is concerning though - the lack of transparent long-term objectives, as proven by the EU army...
                Originally posted by Old Greg
                I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

No tulip Sherlock

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  many aspects of Brexit. Actually leaving was the most important aspect though.
                  Ah, so that's what Brexit was about. Nobody tells me anything
                  "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                    Ah, so that's what Brexit was about. Nobody tells me anything
                    Yes. So we can't be bounced into the Euro against our will. I stand by the statement I made some years ago, we're probably only one treaty away from our opt-out disappearing. My sympathies to Denmark on this one, sorry folks but you're absolutely screwed now that we're not here to help you resist.
                    Diplomacy and foreign policy will be next. The EU has embassies in every country that matters, and most of the countries which don't. I fully expect the that in the very near future, all diplomatic and foreign policy making will be transferred to someone in Brussels.

You can wave a white flag if you want to. I won't be joining you...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      I stand by the statement I made some years ago, we're probably only one treaty away from our opt-out disappearing .
                      Phew. That was a close shave!!!

What's so worrying is I never had the slightest inkling this was all going on. They were really good at covering it all up. You are obviously much sharper than me, and all the other remainers (now 52% of the population). It's a good job we have democracy and people like you.
                      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X