• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Keep calm. A wrecked economy is surely worth it (?)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
    I don't know but you are clearly not grasping it. It's not that students need grants. It's not that aviation needs to managed etc etc. The point is these are part of the multitude of things that the EU were paying for and now aren't. We are now having to foot the bill and you brexiteers refused to anticipate the blindingly bleeding obvious when you recklessly burdened our great nation with these pointless problems.
    Strewth.

Comment

I don't know but you are clearly not grasping it. It's not that students need grants. It's not that aviation needs to managed etc etc. The point is these are part of the multitude of things that the EU were paying for and now aren't. We are now having to foot the bill and you brexiteers refused to anticipate the blindingly bleeding obvious when you recklessly burdened our great nation with these pointless problems.
      The EU was paying for those services with our money. We didn't get them for free. In the years 2014 to 2018 the UK made net contributions on average of £7.8Bn per year to the EU.

Hth.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Strewth. You Homo Brextis are hard work

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        How is this "an act of financial violence"? If the EU is funding 16000 British students (presumably an annual figure) to study abroad, that money is going to those foreign institutions.
        How can any money be "coming into our economy" when those British students will be spending anything they receive personally on drinking, shagging and experimenting with drugs (and everything else students get up to at university) in a foreign country, not in the UK?
        It doesn't matter what the students are doing with it. Now the EU give them the money. In future they won't. We'll have to give them the money.

Get it?
        "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

A million Boris Garden Bridges

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          The EU was paying for those services with our money. We didn't get them for free. In the years 2014 to 2018 the UK made net contributions on average of £7.8Bn per year
          Quite right. My point is nobody sticking a cross against Leave would have thought about managing aviation or subsidising students. They might however have thought the EU must do something but no matter we can just take that over with out any fuss. Aviation and students don't make the case for recklessness. However we are just scratching the surface here. It's the trajectory that should concern you. By the time we finally sort this out in ten years' time or whatever, will the costs be something Original can just put down to petty cash? There will be tears running down his face but will they be of joy, blinding from the brilliant uplands of Ye Olde Englande or the eye watering bill of the whole ridiculous exercise?
          "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

It doesn't matter what the students are doing with it. Now the EU give them the money. In future they won't. We'll have to give them the money.

Get it?
            No we won't. They'll have to borrow it, like every other student has to do (unless their parents are able to fund their studies). Same applies if they want to get their media studies degree in Nuremberg or Bratislava. I doubt many will want to, now they won't be getting any freebies from the EU. It was a nice exercise in bribing the young to worship the EU but with very limited usefulness.

Get it? I'm pretty certain you don't...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Quite right. My point is nobody sticking a cross against Leave would have thought about managing aviation or subsidising students. They might however have thought the EU must do something but no matter we can just take that over with out any fuss. Aviation and students don't make the case for recklessness. However we are just scratching the surface here. It's the trajectory that should concern you. By the time we finally sort this out in ten years' time or whatever, will the costs be something Original can just put down to petty cash? There will be tears running down his face but will they be of joy, blinding from the brilliant uplands of Ye Olde Englande or the eye watering bill of the whole ridiculous exercise?
              Really? You're making a hell of a lot of assumptions.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                The EU was paying for those services with our money. We didn't get them for free. In the years 2014 to 2018 the UK made net contributions on average of £7.8Bn per year to the EU.

Hth.
                It won't. He's an opinionated bigot and whatever logic about net spend is put on a forum by you won't penetrate the cranium and hit the tiny target therein.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  It won't. He's an opinionated bigot and whatever logic about net spend is put on a forum by you won't penetrate the cranium and hit the tiny target therein.
                  Happy*-Manc, we know all that. It's really good fun watching him get his underwear-of-choice in a mahoosive twist though. I mean, what sort of mentally-dislocated inadequate wants us to believe he's actually George Clooney?
                  We're quite happy to carry on until someone bans shooting fish in a barrel.

*I assume you are very happy today. I'm not, I had Abu Dhabi City in my weekend acca, buy hey-ho and all that...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    He's an opinionated bigot and whatever logic about net spend is put on a forum by you won't penetrate the cranium and hit the tiny target therein.
                    I fully recognise I stand more chance of getting an enlightened conversation out of a bunch of old duffers and bluffers in the local Conservative Club than I do of getting the usual suspects on here to face up to logic. However there are twenty times as many people viewing as the number of old codgers like you gayly missing the point repeatedly. We can only hope some of them are spotting trends. But worry not, for I'll report more news as soon as I see it.

I know it's a bit of a long shot but if you see any good news about the Brexit fiasco then please post here. Post haste as they say.

Comment

I fully recognise I stand more chance of getting an enlightened conversation out of a bunch of old duffers and bluffers in the local Conservative Club than I do of getting the usual suspects on here to face up to logic. However there are twenty times as many people viewing as the number of old codgers like you gayly missing the point repeatedly. We can only hope some of them are spotting trends. But worry not, for I'll report more news as soon as I see it.

I know it's a bit of a long shot but if you see any good news about the Brexit fiasco then please post here. Post haste as they say.
                      Of course that will only be when it suits your rhetoric.

Comment

Working...
                      X