• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Keep calm. A wrecked economy is surely worth it (?)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Of course that will only be when it suits your rhetoric.
    What are friends for if not to share experiences? I'll gladly report any good news I see.

I was thinking that herring would be a lot cheaper as our fisherman won't be able to sell it all into Europe after we ban EU vessels (it spoils too quickly to tolerate burdensome import processes). However sadly we don't have the necessary infrastructure currently. One solution would be to try and buy up the German and Dutch companies involved. However we need to wait to see whether anything can be salvaged. As you know, we don't eat the fish that comes from our waters currently so it's not just a bit of Original's think positive - look on the brightside. Trade, production and consumer behaviour will all need to change. But fingers crossed.
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
      What are friends for if not to share experiences? I'll gladly report any good news I see.

I was thinking that herring would be a lot cheaper as our fisherman won't be able to sell it all into Europe after we ban EU vessels (it spoils too quickly to tolerate burdensome import processes). However sadly we don't have the necessary infrastructure currently. One solution would be to try and buy up the German and Dutch companies involved. However we need to wait to see whether anything can be salvaged. As you know, we don't eat the fish that comes from our waters currently so it's not just a bit of Original's think positive - look on the brightside. Trade, production and consumer behaviour will all need to change. But fingers crossed.
      The millionaire owners of the UK fishing rights will be worried

Revealed: the millionaires hoarding UK fishing rights - Unearthed

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Yes I know - but you can be positive about any changes and look to leverage benefits from them.

Not everything will be 'better' in the short term when looking at specific individual 'things' but in the longer term 'things' will generally be 'better'.

Comment

Original, Why You're Not in 10 Downing Street I'll Never Know

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Not everything will be 'better' in the short term when looking at specific individual 'things' but in the longer term 'things' will generally be 'better'.
          So specific individual things won't be any better but general things will be. Why didn't anyone else explain that to us as well as you have just done?
          "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

So specific individual things won't be any better but general things will be. Why didn't anyone else explain that to us as well as you have just done?
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Sometimes it takes a while to simplify the concept to a level the lowest common denominator will understand.

But we got there I guess.

[emoji848]

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                His only experience of a student exchange is when he got turned turned down at the school disco by the French exchange student for having too many zits...
                shorty greasy spot spot??

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Sometimes it takes a while to simplify the concept to a level the lowest common denominator will understand.

But we got there I guess.

[emoji848]
                  You do indeed guess. A lot. Maybe one of these days you'll use facts and experience instead and you'll not need to guess quite so many times
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                  X