Not a member Not a member - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 24 of 24

Thread: Not a member

Suffers Fools...Badly!

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Stress is only known by inefficient people...
    We'll have to take your word for that.

Did you ever wonder why Germany is seeing fewer deaths than the UK yet infection rate is higher in Germany?
    Nope.

HTH BIDI

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Ducklike

Did you ever wonder why Germany is seeing fewer deaths than the UK yet infection rate is higher in Germany?
    Yes, yes I did. And it's not because they are "handling it better" ... there are various theories proposed, including poor reporting of the data. Various articles abound, including the NYT, Guardian.

Oh, and then there's this,
    https://www.thelocal.de/20200330/abs...onavirus-rules

I think it's far too early for countries to be smug. At the end, maybe some will be able to say they did a better job, but at this stage, I don't think we know.

I live on CUK

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Quote Originally Posted by Platypus View Post

I think it's far too early for countries to be smug.
    At the end, maybe some will be able to say they did a better job, but at this stage, I don't think we know.
    I don't think anyone is advocating that, rather they are trying to understand what was done differently.

Personally I think it is part because of social responsibility. People here were isolating themselves, reducing social gatherings long before the government told them 'stay the $££% inside'. At the same time you saw folks on the Beeb squashed together on the London underground with Boris shaking hands with the ill.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Richer than sasguru

Stress is only known by inefficient people...

With infinite complacency men went to and fro over this globe, about their little affairs, serene in their assurance of their empire over matter. - H.G. Wells War of the Worlds