• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not a member

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Stress is only known by inefficient people...
    We'll have to take your word for that.

Did you ever wonder why Germany is seeing fewer deaths than the UK yet infection rate is higher in Germany?
    Nope.

HTH BIDI

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Did you ever wonder why Germany is seeing fewer deaths than the UK yet infection rate is higher in Germany?
      Yes, yes I did. And it's not because they are "handling it better" ... there are various theories proposed, including poor reporting of the data. Various articles abound, including the NYT, Guardian.

Oh, and then there's this,
      https://www.thelocal.de/20200330/abs...onavirus-rules

I think it's far too early for countries to be smug. At the end, maybe some will be able to say they did a better job, but at this stage, I don't think we know.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post

I think it's far too early for countries to be smug.
        At the end, maybe some will be able to say they did a better job, but at this stage, I don't think we know.
        I don't think anyone is advocating that, rather they are trying to understand what was done differently.

Personally I think it is part because of social responsibility. People here were isolating themselves, reducing social gatherings long before the government told them 'stay the $££% inside'. At the same time you saw folks on the Beeb squashed together on the London underground with Boris shaking hands with the ill.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Stress is only known by inefficient people...

Comment

Funny how brexiteers and fascist websites who complained Europe was turning into the unites States of Europe are now complaining that Europe is not united

Comment

Getting real tired of this populist BS if I'm honest.

Cracks are certainly starting to show both sides of the pond. Boris 'hand shaking, I'm alright' to Trump 'we're going to open the economy by Easter' - both say anything to appease the hoards whilst falling on their swords and achieve nothing.

Meanwhile we had mother Merkel on the box the other night speaking to the country paying tribute to the thousands of workers keeping the supermarkets open, as well as recognising the efforts of health care staff.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X