• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK missed three chances to join EU scheme to bulk-buy PPE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK missed three chances to join EU scheme to bulk-buy PPE

“ Britain missed three opportunities to be part of an EU scheme to bulk-buy masks, gowns and gloves and has been absent from key talks about future purchases, the Guardian can reveal, as pressure grows on ministers to protect NHS medics and care workers on the coronavirus frontline.

European doctors and nurses are preparing to receive the first of €1.5bn (£1.3bn) worth of personal protective equipment (PPE) within days or a maximum of two weeks through a joint procurement scheme involving 25 countries and eight companies, according to internal EU documents.

The EU’s swift work has led to offers of medical equipment, including masks, overalls and goggles, in excess of the number requested, a spokesman for the European commission said. The EU is separately establishing stockpiles within member states, with the first being set up in Romania.”

UK missed three chances to join EU scheme to bulk-buy PPE | Politics | The Guardian

Now we know what Brexit means - death.

and another miserable russian pr1ck thread

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      “ Britain missed three opportunities to be part of an EU scheme to bulk-buy masks, gowns and gloves and has been absent from key talks about future purchases, the Guardian can reveal, as pressure grows on ministers to protect NHS medics and care workers on the coronavirus frontline.

European doctors and nurses are preparing to receive the first of €1.5bn (£1.3bn) worth of personal protective equipment (PPE) within days or a maximum of two weeks through a joint procurement scheme involving 25 countries and eight companies, according to internal EU documents.

The EU’s swift work has led to offers of medical equipment, including masks, overalls and goggles, in excess of the number requested, a spokesman for the European commission said. The EU is separately establishing stockpiles within member states, with the first being set up in Romania.”

UK missed three chances to join EU scheme to bulk-buy PPE | Politics | The Guardian

Now we know what Brexit means - death.
      You can't put a price on freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        I told yer! He's just sneaked it into the Brexit subforum so I wouldn't notice!

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2760057
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          Has AtW posted any threads which are not? Well, he used to post lunch threads. They seem to have stopped now....

Comment

Aaaagh! No I see this thread actually preceded my post by over 20 minutes. I can see what is posted on CUK without actually looking! Bet Nostradamus couldn't do that.
            bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Yeh, give us stuff about lunch and squirrels aTw, we need things to cheer us up at moment, not just reposts of stuff we can read in online news anyway.
              bloggoth

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Yeh, give us stuff about lunch and squirrels aTw, we need things to cheer us up at moment, not just reposts of stuff we can read in online news anyway.

Comment

Working...
                X