UK missed three chances to join EU scheme to bulk-buy PPE UK missed three chances to join EU scheme to bulk-buy PPE
Posts 1 to 8 of 8

My post count is Majestic

Default UK missed three chances to join EU scheme to bulk-buy PPE

“ Britain missed three opportunities to be part of an EU scheme to bulk-buy masks, gowns and gloves and has been absent from key talks about future purchases, the Guardian can reveal, as pressure grows on ministers to protect NHS medics and care workers on the coronavirus frontline.

European doctors and nurses are preparing to receive the first of €1.5bn (£1.3bn) worth of personal protective equipment (PPE) within days or a maximum of two weeks through a joint procurement scheme involving 25 countries and eight companies, according to internal EU documents.

The EU’s swift work has led to offers of medical equipment, including masks, overalls and goggles, in excess of the number requested, a spokesman for the European commission said. The EU is separately establishing stockpiles within member states, with the first being set up in Romania.”

UK missed three chances to join EU scheme to bulk-buy PPE | Politics | The Guardian

Now we know what Brexit means - death.

Double Godlike!

and another miserable russian pr1ck thread
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

I live on CUK

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    “ Britain missed three opportunities to be part of an EU scheme to bulk-buy masks, gowns and gloves and has been absent from key talks about future purchases, the Guardian can reveal, as pressure grows on ministers to protect NHS medics and care workers on the coronavirus frontline.

European doctors and nurses are preparing to receive the first of €1.5bn (£1.3bn) worth of personal protective equipment (PPE) within days or a maximum of two weeks through a joint procurement scheme involving 25 countries and eight companies, according to internal EU documents.

The EU’s swift work has led to offers of medical equipment, including masks, overalls and goggles, in excess of the number requested, a spokesman for the European commission said. The EU is separately establishing stockpiles within member states, with the first being set up in Romania.”

UK missed three chances to join EU scheme to bulk-buy PPE | Politics | The Guardian

Now we know what Brexit means - death.
    You can't put a price on freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

More fingers than teeth

Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    I told yer! He's just sneaked it into the Brexit subforum so I wouldn't notice!

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2760057
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

I Am Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    Has AtW posted any threads which are not? Well, he used to post lunch threads. They seem to have stopped now....
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

More fingers than teeth

Aaaagh! No I see this thread actually preceded my post by over 20 minutes. I can see what is posted on CUK without actually looking! Bet Nostradamus couldn't do that.
    bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

More fingers than teeth

Yeh, give us stuff about lunch and squirrels aTw, we need things to cheer us up at moment, not just reposts of stuff we can read in online news anyway.
    bloggoth

I live on CUK

Quote Originally Posted by xoggoth View Post
    Yeh, give us stuff about lunch and squirrels aTw, we need things to cheer us up at moment, not just reposts of stuff we can read in online news anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018