Unemployment in the UK Unemployment in the UK - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 28 of 28

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    And the highlighted bit....

the £60 was from a BBC news broadcast but it seems reasonable for shared accommodation.

the £27 was extrapolated from caffeine man's point that the UK pay was 3 times their minimum wage (so 3*£9 = £27)
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    a mate of mine is a cat c lorry driver and was unemployed for a while a decade ago he was regularly offered £7 an hour (at the time minimum wage) to drive lorries which he declined because his benefits were more than that. if he had gone out to work his family would have been poorer to do a job that cost a few thousands to certify for.

Fruit picking is offering now £8/9 an hour i.e. Minimum wage and you face living in a caravan with 5 others paying about £60 a week to catch corona-virus.

As you point out if they were paying £27 an hour (the equivalent to the pay the romanians will get) they would probably have hundreds of thousands of applicants.
    Absolutely this.

/thread
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

More fingers than teeth

the £60 was from a BBC news broadcast but it seems reasonable for shared accommodation.

the £27 was extrapolated from caffeine man's point that the UK pay was 3 times their minimum wage (so 3*£9 = £27)
    Except he said:

Another benefit to being Romanian is the big difference in minimum wage, around £2.80
    An hour over there. So they come here and triple their income.
    Which works out at 3 * 2.80 as they're tripling their wage from their home country in order to get the minimum wage here
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Except he said:

Which works out at 3 * 2.80 as they're tripling their wage from their home country in order to get the minimum wage here

oh dear too complicated? Maybe ask Assgoo for crayons.

I will try again :

If the Romanians like the jobs because they earn 3 times their minimum wage maybe the Brits might like the jobs if they earn 3 times our minimum wage i.e. £27 - did anyone else find that challenging? Its not like I haven't made this point plenty of times before.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

More fingers than teeth

oh dear too complicated? Maybe ask Assgoo for crayons.

I will try again :

If the Romanians like the jobs because they earn 3 times their minimum wage maybe the Brits might like the jobs if they earn 3 times our minimum wage i.e. £27 - did anyone else find that challenging? Its not like I haven't made this point plenty of times before.
    Oh dear....
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Oh dear....
    Ah excellent you finally understand the point!

More fingers than teeth

Ah excellent you finally understand the point!
    Oh dear....

Oh dear....

help we need to reboot the barmy bot!