• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will the Tories Win?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the Tories Win?

The Brexit negotiations are not going very well.

At first sight it looks like the British are asking for the same old same old: keep the benefits but be freed from playing by the rules.

However I vaguely sense a weakness in the EU's position. It seems to me that the British are saying "You gave Canada a deal. Why can't you give us the same?"

The EU respond something like "You're different. We need to make it tougher for you".

Now I don't know whether this is what is happening or whether there is some logic in it but if Britain has a valid case then it may weaken the resolve of the EU.

How do you read the situation? Which side has a leg to stand on?
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

"How do you read the situation?"

By allowing this sub forum to stay open the moderators encourage morons like your self to start dull and meaningless threads that degrade the quality of discussion on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

By allowing this sub forum to stay open the moderators encourage morons like your self to start dull and meaningless threads that degrade the quality of discussion on the forum.
      Intelligent people say 'morons like you'. Morons like you say 'like your self'. My posts are not for people like who clearly got dragged up in some sh1tole where they were short of English teachers. So it would be best if you resisted the temptation to poke those semen-ridden digits on your scummy keyboard.
      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
        Intelligent people say 'morons like you'. Morons like you say 'like your self'. My posts are not for people like who clearly got dragged up in some sh1tole where they were short of English teachers. So it would be best if you resisted the temptation to poke those semen-ridden digits on your scummy keyboard.

Intelligent people don't say 'morons like you' because intelligent people realise that other people are important and should be treated with respect. Arseholes like you however post stuff that attacks other people.

If you behave like this in real life I am surprised the people you meet don't feel like rearranging your face repeatedly.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The Brexit negotiations are not going very well.

At first sight it looks like the British are asking for the same old same old: keep the benefits but be freed from playing by the rules.

However I vaguely sense a weakness in the EU's position. It seems to me that the British are saying "You gave Canada a deal. Why can't you give us the same?"

The EU respond something like "We can. Just move your country a few thousand miles away and reduce your trade with the EU from 50% to 10%".

Now I don't know whether this is what is happening or whether there is some logic in it but if Britain has a valid case then it may weaken the resolve of the EU.

How do you read the situation? Which side has a leg to stand on?
          FTFY
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

QED
            Originally posted by Old Greg
            I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Yeah, but we think it's a bit mean to stop you from posting on those grounds.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I read the situation that a small but vocal bunch of Morons still post nonsense over and over on this pointless subforum.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  I read the situation that a small but vocal bunch of Morons still post nonsense over and over on this pointless subforum.
                  QED.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    QED.
                    Damn.

Comment

Working...
                    X